Complaint Review: Thomas Rech Plumbing and Heating

• Phone: 973-222-0182
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Thomas Rech Plumbing and Heating Water Heater Install: FAIL Sparta, New Jersey

Thomas Rech, of Thomas Rech Plumbing and Heating installed an electric water heater. During the install, he replaced the existing 10 gauge wire with thinner 12 gauge wire. The following morning, I noticed that there was smoke coming out of the water heater and the smell of burning wires. It would have caused an electrical fire had I not noticed it when I did. I quickly switched off the water heater at the breaker box.

When I looked at the electrical connections where Thomas Rech connected the incorrect wire, I saw that the wire nuts had all melted and there was damage to the wires inside the water heater. I called Thomas Rech, and explained the situation. He immediately attempted to blame the incident on a faulty water heater. He did offer to put the correct wire (which he should have done in the first place), but I refused due to his incompetence during the initial install of the water heater. [continued below]....
.....

I requested a refund due to him incorrectly installing the water heater, and he refused. I pointed out that other than the incorrect wires he used which nearly set my house on fire, he also spilled solder on the top of the water heater, on my carpet and on a nearby cabinet. He continued to refuse to refund my money, and he stormed out. I incurred several hundred dollars in charges to rectify this situation.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS GUY, NOT WORTH THE HEADACHES!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomas-Rech-Plumbing-and-Heating/Sparta-New-Jersey-07871/Thomas-Rech-Plumbing-and-Heating-Water-Heater-Install-FAIL-Sparta-New-Jersey-1004176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomas Rech Plumbing and Heating