Complaint Review: ThomasNet Publishing Company

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Port Saint Lucie Florida United States of America
ThomasNet Publishing Company
5 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001. USA Internet United States of America

ThomasNet Publishing Company ThomasNet Expertise solutions Results Broken promises, neglect, rude, hostile. Then I was taken to court and lost. Internet

*General Comment: You lost in court?

I was called everyday for weeks by a salesman who no longer works there. I had just started a new company and voiced my concerns about being able to afford their advertising at that stage. I was also concerned because I knew absolutely nothing about internet advertising. Brian Schultz assured me that I would be taken by the hand and walked thru the world of internet advertising. That the following month of January I would be getting several phone calls asking me what could they do to help me with the web page. Then they would professionally put it together. That I would be making money before the first bill became due.

I was faxed a contract so small I couldn't read it with a magnifying  glass. Because thats what I read it with and I was sure it said I had 60 days to cancel. The next day I was talked into signing the contract. That was December 12th 2007. In February I began to email the company because I had not heard a word since signing the contract. I recieved an email that I would be contacted shortly. Five days later still no response, so I wrote a letter to cancel the contract. I sent it over-night USPS on Feb., 13th.

In April I recieved a phone call from a female named Sarah Mc Clatchy asking if I needed any help with my web page I had purchased thru them. I asked her what web page? Then I told her I had canceled and why. She got very hostile. Yelling at me and accusing me of not wanting to pay for service I had received from them. Also stating that ThomasNet always provides excellent service. Then she said; "Well you might as well work with me because your going to end up paying, no matter what!"

I tried talking to someone else. I wanted them to at least give me credit for Jan thru March. Nope!That wasn't about to happen either.

In December 2008 I okayed Sarah that it would be okay to do a three way call with a guy there named Dave Denis.. He was on the phone when she yelled at me, and when I had asked her to stop yelling at me.  Then she promised to cancel my contract if I showed her proof of my cancellation letter and proof of mailing it. She then stated that we would never have to talk to each other again. I faxed her the proof that business day, but got no response.

Next I was taken to small claims court. Dave flat lied under oath and said he was not in on that phone conversation. I lost the case. Now I owe $3200.00 plus 18% plus court cost and attorney fees.

DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT with them. I lost because I signed a contract that said I had only ten or twelve days to cancel. I'm not sure which, because those two dates came up in court. I got zero business from them posting my companies name address and phone number on some web page. AND THAT'S IT! Nothing else. Not what the company is, or what is does, or what it's about. DO NOT sign a contract with ThomasNet!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ThomasNet-Publishing-Company/internet/ThomasNet-Publishing-Company-ThomasNet-Expertise-solutions-Results-Broken-promises-neglec-859963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ThomasNet Publishing Company

#1 General Comment

You lost in court?

AUTHOR: Jason C - (United States of America)

Not thinking this is how you want to start any complaint. If the courts ruled you wrong then anything you say after that is just slander and ridiculous.