I am a long time customer of over 28 years but this has no sway with them. I have been patient with what I thought was poor customer service but now am convinced is their business model.
1) You join the club and after buying 250 cigars at regular price you get a 10% discount on all future orders. The send your 'regular' order at automatic intervals of a several weeks or so. Supposedly you can change or suspend your regular order at any time.
2) I have changed order to a longer interval but they shipped anyway. The did pay for the return, but it was a hassle for me, I had to contact them several times.. Where they counting on me just accepting it? I am sure these orders are electronically handled and this was not a mistake.
3) Just before completing my 250 goal and getting future discounts, I got a letter stating that my orders were increasing in price due to escalating costs.... So actually no discount at all! What a scam.
4) I then used their website email form to suspend future orders, but they shipped anyway. They did no respond to my requests for a return. When asked again, they said I needed to call a salesperson directly. Ridiculous. Their catalog allows you to buy anything online and change orders, etc, and communicate with customer service, but when you want to cancel club membership it is like they are back in the middle ages and never heard of email.
5) After several emails and finally letting them know I would dispute any future suddenly they said they would "forward" my request to cancel membership to a representative.... We'll see.
6) Also, I ordered their Thompson Cigar Sampler and when I got it printed on the side is the warning that the cigars are not made entirely of tobacco? What are they, cardboard? This was not mentioned in the ad either.
7) You do get what you pay for and many of the cigars are good. Just stay away from the club.