- Report: #788282
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Thompson Cigar Club
Thompson Cigar Club6401 Hangar Court Tampa, Florida United States of America
Thompson Cigar Club Thompson Cigar Co. Cigar Club Scam, increase price just before your discount kicks in. Customer service ignores requests to suspend service. Tampa, Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) You join the club and after buying 250 cigars at regular price you get a 10% discount on all future orders. The send your 'regular' order at automatic intervals of a several weeks or so. Supposedly you can change or suspend your regular order at any time.
2) I have changed order to a longer interval but they shipped anyway. The did pay for the return, but it was a hassle for me, I had to contact them several times.. Where they counting on me just accepting it? I am sure these orders are electronically handled and this was not a mistake.
3) Just before completing my 250 goal and getting future discounts, I got a letter stating that my orders were increasing in price due to escalating costs.... So actually no discount at all! What a scam.
4) I then used their website email form to suspend future orders, but they shipped anyway. They did no respond to my requests for a return. When asked again, they said I needed to call a salesperson directly. Ridiculous. Their catalog allows you to buy anything online and change orders, etc, and communicate with customer service, but when you want to cancel club membership it is like they are back in the middle ages and never heard of email.
5) After several emails and finally letting them know I would dispute any future suddenly they said they would "forward" my request to cancel membership to a representative.... We'll see.
6) Also, I ordered their Thompson Cigar Sampler and when I got it printed on the side is the warning that the cigars are not made entirely of tobacco? What are they, cardboard? This was not mentioned in the ad either.
7) You do get what you pay for and many of the cigars are good. Just stay away from the club.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2011 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thompson-Cigar-Club/Tampa-Florida-33634/Thompson-Cigar-Club-Thompson-Cigar-Co-Cigar-Club-Scam-increase-price-just-before-your-di-788282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.