Complaint Review: Thompson Cigar

• Submitted: Wed, December 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 21, 2006

• Reported By:Hot Springs Arkansas
Thompson Cigar
5401 Hangar Court Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Thompson Cigar incorrect credit on cigars that were returned within 30 days Ripoff Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: correction on credit due

A purchase was made in late November for cigars and a humidor and when the cigars arrived they were determined not to be fresh.

I spoke with a sales rep, John, who told me to return the cigars only since I wanted to keep the humidor that I had specifically selected. He advised me that I would receive at least an $89 credit toward my original purchase cost of $124 which included a $20 2nd Day Air shipping charge.
I then placed a new order with him for different cigars at a cost of $111.

It has been a total exercise in futility to get the credit that was promised. Not only have I not received the credit but I am still being billed for the cigars that came with the humidor that I had returned.
I was to receive a call from a supervisor which never came as again promised. I will never buy from this company again since buying locally you know you are getting the customer service that you expect.
Thompson has testimonials which claim all kinds of excellent service but as a new customer my experience has been anything but good.

Robert
Hot Springs, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2006 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thompson-Cigar/Tampa-Florida-33634/Thompson-Cigar-incorrect-credit-on-cigars-that-were-returned-within-30-days-Ripoff-Tampa-F-226458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thompson Cigar

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Edward, supervisor of Thompson, made right the problem with the incorrect credit to my satisfaction. He also expressed his apologies for what happened and wants me to continue to be a customer.