Complaint Review: Thompson Cigar

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 24, 2008

• Reported By:Lower Burrell Pennsylvania
Thompson Cigar
thompsoncigars.com Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Thompson Cigar Poor Customer Service/Shipping Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Strange

I am a one and one time only customer of Thompson Cigar. I waited on hold for approximately 30 minutes to have my call answered by a person with a minimal command of the English language and a very short temper. I asked to order a sampler and was told that I had to order an upgraded version to get the cigars pictured for certain. I took my chances with the advertised special. I called Friday and was told my order would ship Monday. I called Monday and was told it shipped. According to the UPS tracking number it did not begin shipping until Wednesday.

When I called to ask about this I was given a run-around with an explanation blaming UPS for not coming to the Warehouse often enough to pick up. Each and every time I called, even when it was to complain, I was pressured to buy more things including expensive humidors, accessories and club membership. This was by far the most annoying part. I went so far as to say "I just want to order this one product and get off the phone, is that okay?" And was told that if I just listened there would be better things to buy.

That's it for me. Hopefully my first order will show up, and I will be done with this company.

Displeased Buyer
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2008 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thompson-Cigar/Tampa-Florida/Thompson-Cigar-Poor-Customer-ServiceShipping-Tampa-Florida-355065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thompson Cigar

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

My hubby has ordered from Thompson's on several occasions, and has never had any problems. But, he orders online, not by phone. Perhaps the OP should try that method instead.