Complaint Review: Thompson & Company Of Tampa, Thompson Cigar

• Submitted: Tue, February 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 15, 2007

• Reported By:Streetsboro Ohio
Thompson & Company Of Tampa, Thompson Cigar
5401 Hangar CT Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Thompson & Company Of Tampa, Thompson Cigar False advertisement, ripped off, didn't get what was advertised, duped into scam Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: Issue has been resolved.

On page 2 of Thompson & Co of Tampa's November '06 catalog and in their December '06 catalog they advertise a Cohiba Gift Pack. In the ad, it states "Gift Pack consists of: 1 Cohiba XV-652, 1 Cohiba Toro, 1 Cohiba Black Supremo, 1 Xikar Cutter." Underneath this explanation is the item number and Description: COHIBA GIFT PACK II, 3 for $60. Following common English grammar, this reads 3 gift packs for sixty dollars.

So I placed an order on December 4th, 2006. I paid 60.00 for my gift packs and 27.95 for another product plus 9.50 for shipping and handling. I received my order on December 14th, 2006. It contained one COHIBA GIFT PACK II.

Believing there was a packing issue, I called customer service and spoke with "Dee." She stated I read it wrong and the ad is 3 cigars per gift pack for sixty dollars. But the Ad clearly states GIFT PACK II 3 for $60, which following proper english, means 3 gift packs for $60. If they meant 3 cigars for $60, it should have said "GIFT PACK II, 3 Cigars for $60," not "GIFT PACK II 3 for $60."

I then asked to have two more gift packs or to have a full refund including the shipping charges. Dee told me this was not possible and she was sorry I had read the ad wrong.

I then told Dee I was going to contact the BBB and anyone else who would help my dispute. I also asked to be removed from their mailing list and that I would never do business with them again. I still receive their catalogs. I have told several friends and family members about the bad business of Thompson Cigar.

I just want what was advertised to me or all my money back. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Gered
Streetsboro, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2007 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thompson-Company-Of-Tampa-Thompson-Cigar/Tampa-Florida-33634-5341/Thompson-Company-Of-Tampa-Thompson-Cigar-False-advertisement-ripped-off-didnt-get-wh-236660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thompson & Company Of Tampa, Thompson Cigar

AUTHOR: Gered - (U.S.A.)

After filing my report on RipOffReport.com and faxing my report to the company, I finally heard from someone representing the company. A manager, Lesley, took the initiative to help resolve my complaint. They refunded my money for the purchase of the falsely advertised cigars and I also noticed they had changed the advertisement to read properly. Although it took some time to finally hear from anyone, once made aware of my complaint, Lesley was prompt and fair in her resolution to my complaint.