Complaint Review: Thompson Heating And Cooling

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Thompson Heating And Cooling
800 E. Ross Ave. Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Thompsaon Heating And Cooling made the problem worse Cincinnati Ohio

I should have known on the day Thompson sold me a new furnace. Even though my family was cold, and Thompson personnel had portable electric heaters out in their van, the heaters were not brought in to alleviate our chattering teeth until we had signed on the line to purchase a new furnace.

That was in December. When I noticed rust stains along the top of the new furnace in July, I called for service. Even though a Thompson technician had checked my air conditioning unit in the early spring, it seems that the condensation drip pan under my A coils above the new furnace had rusted out.

Ernie came to check on my rust stains. He said he would try to repair the drip pan. When he left at 11:00, he told me not to turn on the air until 1:00 to allow the caulking to dry.

I waited until 3:00. When I turned on the air I now had water running (not dripping) out of the corner of the unit. This was much worse than just a few dried stains. I called again and was told Ernie was on his way back. He never came.

I called again the next day and Greg was sent out. He said he could replace the A coils for $1600. I called Tom Brooks to complain about the way I had been treated. He offered sympathy only, and said he would talk to Greg. He never called me back.

I called another company. I found out that I can have my A coils replaced for less than half of what Thompson wanted, and that I had been way overcharged for the furnace too.

Kathy
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thompson-Heating-And-Cooling/Cincinnati-Ohio/Thompsaon-Heating-And-Cooling-made-the-problem-worse-Cincinnati-Ohio-351067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thompson Heating And Cooling