Alexander

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2008

• Reported By:Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin
Thompson Inc - RCA
P.O. Box 617988 Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Thompson Inc - RCA RCA defective DVD RECORDER, Thompson Ince refuses to repair or refund Marietta Georgia

I purchased 2 RCA DVD/VHS Recorder combos, model DRC8335. Within 6 months, both malfunctioned and would not respond to remote or buttons on the unit; basically dead.

I contacted Thompson as required. They replaced both units (after 2 months of phone calls and waiting) with refurbished units. Within 3 months both refurb units had malfunctioned the same way.

I contacted Thompson again. They said to send back one unit and wait 21 business days for a replacement. Replacement never came. Called them back,they said they had no more units and would refund me in 8 to 10 more weeks. Have received nothing yet.

The second unit, they will not service or refund. They say the warranty is up. How can this be? Both units were sent to me at the same time, both original units were purchased at the same time.

I asked to speak to a supervisor at Thompson. I was told this would not help as the supervisor would tell me the same thing. I insisted. The operator hung up on me. I called back again and was told the supervisor would not speak to me and I could not be refunded or the unit could not be repaired.

I have reported them to the BBB. Thes units are junk (all 4 of them). I suspect it is a product flaw. I am out over $400 and too much time and effort to count.

Kelly
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thompson-Inc-RCA/Marietta-Georgia-30006-0034/Thompson-Inc-RCA-RCA-defective-DVD-RECORDER-Thompson-Ince-refuses-to-repair-or-refund-M-403918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thompson Inc - RCA