Complaint Review: Thomson Education Direct

• Submitted: Tue, September 27, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 27, 2005

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Thomson Education Direct
925 Oak St Scranton, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Thomson Education Direct ACCOUNT NOT OURS! Scranton Pennsylvania

We are in the process of buying a home, we obtained our current credit report and found that Thomson Education Direct has placed us in collections with Northeast Credit Collections for $617.00! We have NEVER had an account with them, the account is being reported by EquiFax, who conveniently cannot be contacted except IF you order a credit report, then you get a phone number that you can call to "speak" to someone! I have spoken with the credit collections company, they DO NOT... I repeat DO NOT have anything listed for either my husband or myself! I have e-mailed Education Direct and told them to remove this immediately, AND I want an apology letter as well! The credit collections company cannot figure how they even applied this without a Social Security number or even a full name... it appears as a first initial and our last name! Education Direct NEEDS to be held ACCOUNTABLE for this! They have done irreversable damage to our FICO scores!!! I am now going to pursue financial restitution for this! Education Direct... be PUBLICALLY advised, this serves as your notice!

Joe
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2005 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomson-Education-Direct/Scranton-Pennsylvania-18515-0999/Thomson-Education-Direct-ACCOUNT-NOT-OURS-Scranton-Pennsylvania-158525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomson Education Direct