Complaint Review: Thomson Education Direct

• Updated: Fri, May 18, 2007

• Reported By:new town Other
Thomson Education Direct
Level One, 1 Waltham Street Nationwide Australia

Thomson Education Direct stupid contacts, poor materials, unclear agreements. ripoff Sydney Australia Nationwide

I enrolled online in a thomson education direct course.the page where i entered my payment details did not say i was going to be locked into a contract. i was under the impression that my course was government accredited and recognised however, once i recieved my materials and course guide, i began to study them keenly and i soon realised these people were handing out second class learning materials.

i rang them and enquired about the quality of the course and materials. i was treated rudely by a hostile chap on the other end of the phone. I had also realised by this time that there was no way the course itself was accredited in any way.

he verified this for me.I asked to cancel my enrolment. i still say i was within my 21day 'cooling off'period but
they don't agree.

the chap told me it would cost $250.00 to cancel my enrolment.i was mortified.i emailed thomson education direct and explained my circumstances. they offered me a free transfer to another course or i would now have to pay $950.00 as i had entered into a contract with them.
i havent signed anything, there was nothing of that nature on the page where I enrolled, so ok, maybe I didnt read the fine print. i can handle that.

i dont want to do another course except for the one that i had enrolled in under the false assumption it had some standing.

i can deal with the fact that i should have read the fine print, but i cant deal with the fact that i now have to pay $65.00 a month to do a course i have no interest in doing and that i am being forced to pay that $65.00 a month or it will turn into $950.00. I have called them but they dont seem to care.i am really cross. firstly because i was ripped off the first time with really crappy materials and shoddy information in the stuff they sent me to 'learn' from,and secondly because now i'm stuck paying these stooges to do a MYOB course i dont even want to do.

Jasmine
new town
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2007 05:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomson-Education-Direct/nationwide/Thomson-Education-Direct-stupid-contacts-poor-materials-unclear-agreements-ripoff-Sydne-249164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomson Education Direct