Complaint Review: Thousand Trails

• Submitted: Fri, February 10, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 10, 2006

• Reported By:Driftwood Texas
Thousand Trails
P.O. Box 2529 Frisco, Texas U.S.A.

Thousand Trails ripoff Frisco Texas

I guess I was more or less ripped off just like everyone else writing in to report these folks. Funny thing was that my ripoff is actually a combination of two separate companies. I responded to a "free camping" weekend offer which was offered by Thousand Trails which is based out of Frisco, TX. This was a "members only" campground. I attended the informational briefing at their Medina Lake preserve, to which I can say was very nice. Part of the invitation stated that I would get $50 Wal-Mart gift card.

Long story, short, their membership was way out of my price range. I parted ways with them telling me I would be mailed vouchers for my gift card. This is where Grand Getaways comes in. I received my vouchers about two weeks later and mailed them in promptly. After waiting almost another month I received my "Official Gift Card Voucher Form" which then had to be mailed in to Grand Getaways. I mailed that in promptly (on 10-31-05). I then received their "Gift Card Redemption Form", on which I selected my gift cards and had to send certified mail back to them.

I mailed that certified mail on 12-23-05 and haven't heard anything back. Now looking at this site, I see someone has gone there on 2-7-06 and they are no longer there. The company rep I had spoken with, Gregory Schwartz, his e-mail came back returned undeliverable. Imagine that.

Jeff
Driftwood, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2006 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thousand-Trails/Frisco-Texas-75034/Thousand-Trails-ripoff-Frisco-Texas-175749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thousand Trails