Complaint Review: Thousand Trails

• Submitted: Tue, March 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 08, 2011

• Reported By: Colleen — Bend Oregon U.S.A.
Thousand Trails
Gautier, Mississippi United States of America

Thousand Trails Equity Lifestyle Properties Overpriced Maintenance Fees/Misrepresentation of Member Benfits/Harassment/Rude Employees Gautier, Mississippi

I have been a "member"of Thousand Trails since buying in @ one of their sales meetings in 2009. I was enticed by the allure of perceived benefits,none of which I have found to be as represented.
I have only used their campgrounds twice.I paid my $5k bal in full within 3 mo's of purchase and had been paying their exorbinant "maintenance fees" up until approx 6 mo's ago when it became extremely difficult after a personal financial setback to do so. I made a small ($100) payment in December but nothing since. I have received no less than 3 phone calls a day,often at work, by a horrible representative by the name of Regina. The latest attack from her came this morning at 8:05am..she is disrespectful,antagonizing and threatening. I realize her job is a difficult one but their motto " We care about our extended membership family, and we're committed to serving them with courtesy and respect" is a joke!
I have filed an FTC Consumer Complaint as well as a Complaint with my state's attorney general's office.
I would strongly discourage anyone from buying into this "lifestyle" outfit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2011 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thousand-Trails/Gautier-Mississippi-39553/Thousand-Trails-Equity-Lifestyle-Properties-Overpriced-Maintenance-FeesMisrepresentation-704157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thousand Trails