Complaint Review: Three Campus Investments

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Angela — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Three Campus Investments
Austin TX Austin, Texas United States of America

Three Campus Investments David Moore Nanny ad on Craigslist is a Check fraud scheme Austin, Texas

I answered an ad on craigslist for a family seeking a part time nanny. After sending in my resume I received an answer giving details about how the family was moving from Canada to my town. The person went by David Moore and shared a bunch of details about his children and the needs they had. I answered his questions and received notice that I was selected to be the nanny/ housekeeper.

However I also had questions and the person never responded to them. Then suddenly I received a check for $1400+! Then I got an email from a new address, with a different name- David Kirtsey. This person informed me I should cash the check, keep $400 for a week's pay, buy some cleaning supplies for the family, and then send the rest in western union money order to Georgia for some custom built furniture.

Since I had seen a report on here about a similar scheme I informed them I would do nothing until I was contacted directly. The next day I received text messages from a phone in Texas trying to convince me everything was legitimate. The person worked hard to convince me that it was all a genuine job despite the many inconsistencies and strange requests I pointed out. It ended with them asking when the "funds" would be available. I told them after I consulted my bank about the validity of the check. Although th family was supposedly moving to Ohio today, I have heard nothing. I am considering going to the news or the police about this circumstance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Three-Campus-Investments/Austin-Texas-/Three-Campus-Investments-David-Moore-Nanny-ad-on-Craigslist-is-a-Check-fraud-scheme-Aust-1002136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Three Campus Investments