Complaint Review: Threedom Sales - Entrepreneurs Across America - Thanksforpoints.com

• Submitted: Sat, December 03, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, December 03, 2005

• Reported By:arlington Texas
Threedom Sales - Entrepreneurs Across America - Thanksforpoints.com
401 S. Locust St. # 104 Denton, Texas U.S.A.

Threedom Sales - Entrepreneurs Across America -Thanksforpoints.com ripoff young people "selling" magazine subscriptions. Check will be cashed,credit card will be charged, NO refunds as promised, NO one ever answers the phone. Denton Texas

October 13, 2005 two young guys knocked on my door asking if I was interested in magazine subscriptions. I invited them in and after they explained to me that they were trying to earn a trip to Cancun. I really didn't want any, but I thought it would be nice to help these young guys earn a trip, so I offered to buy 4 subscriptions. My 8 year old son was with me and very excited to be getting a Nickleodeon magazine.

Now since there were two guys, I filled out one form for each. They told me I couldn't use a check for two separate orders, so I ended up using my credit card for the other. One of them had a walkie-talkie-type cell phone that he was talking with his other "teammates" with. I used this cell phone which he had called in to some automated system (I wish I had that number now). The same day my card was charged ($90)and about a week later my check($94)was cashed. They told me I could change my mind and cancel, that they still earned the points for the effort. I mailed in the hardcopy of the reciept on the sencond day to cancel. Its now December 3,2005. No refund.

I've called the number numerous times and left 3-4 messages. No one ever picks up and no one returns the calls. The young guys who "sold" me the subscriptions are Joseph Keel, and Chad Engle. They sign the top of the receipt "333" or "Threedom". I also remember that upon seeing my computer, one wanted to check out their website. He seemed to be excited about it. I didn't get to see, as I was still talking with the other. I wonder if when he punched in the company, he saw the same thing pop up on the search engine as me: this site. In either case he was very upbeat and energetic the whole time and appeared to have been genuinely sincere. They even left a little sticker on my door with their intitials letting the other teams know they had been there.

Kenya
Bedford, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2005 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Threedom-Sales-Entrepreneurs-Across-America-Thanksforpointscom/Denton-Texas-76201/Threedom-Sales-Entrepreneurs-Across-America-Thanksforpointscom-ripoff-young-people-se-166774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Threedom Sales - Entrepreneurs Across America - Thanksforpoints.com