Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Rental Cabo San Lucas Mexico airport

• Updated: Fri, May 03, 2013

• Reported By: Smersky — Woodland Hills California
Thrifty Car Rental Cabo San Lucas Mexico airport
Internet Mexico

Thrifty Car Rental Cabo San Lucas Mexico airport Thrifty Cabo - worst rental ever ! Cabo San Lucas Mexico Internet

I want to inform you of unscrupulous practices at the Thrifty Cabo San Lucas Mexico airport location. I

rented a compact car there on April 18 2013 for 1 week. The rental price of the car itself was OK.

The agent quoted me 3 insurance rates - I decided on full coverage with medical for $49 per day, that is

the exact rate he quoted me. He told me roadside assistance is included in that price. He also advised that

the prepaid gas option was a good deal so I took that too. I was tired from the flight, and furthermore I

thought I could trust him to be honest with me, but he was not. What I agreed to was the total he showed me,

9924.41 pesos which he clearly told me was equal to $709.36 US. I have that in his writing on the contract.

After we left the office and I thought about the price I realized that if the price is $709 he charged me more

than the quoted daily insurance rate. Instead of the $49 he quoted me it was approx $66 per day. So he lied

to me about that. I called him on April 20th with my concerns and he basically said " too bad, you signed it ".

He also lied to me about the pre-paid gas being a good deal, because he never told me that what's left in the

tank when you return is not counted as a credit. So I paid $38 for about 1 quarter tank of gas. That's some

great deal alright ! The final ripoff was when I looked at the final charge on my credit card, it was

$818.22, not the agreed upon ( and already falsely inflated ) $709.39. He lied to me about the peso to

dollar conversion rate too. So the end result was I paid over $818 for a 1 week compact car rental. I had

hoped that Thrifty has enough concern about their clients to do something but they don't seem to care. I have

never had such a terrible experience with a car rental. These people are total rip off artists preying on US

tourists. Unless you want to pay over $818 US for a compact car avoid these clowns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Rental-Cabo-San-Lucas-Mexico-airport/internet/Thrifty-Car-Rental-Cabo-San-Lucas-Mexico-airport-Thrifty-Cabo-worst-rental-ever-Ca-1048207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Rental Cabo San Lucas Mexico airport