Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Rental

• Submitted: Mon, June 20, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011

• Reported By: Frequent renter — Fernandina Beach Florida United States of America
Thrifty Car Rental
5330 E. 31st Street, Tulsa, OK 74135 Jacksonville Intl. Airport, Florida United States of America

Thrifty Car Rental Thrifty Car Rental Jacksonville Florida I was offered a 'complimentary' upgrade at Thrifty JAX that I did not want. The agent slickly encouraged me to take it. I agreed thinking I was doing him a favor. I specifically stated that I was n Jacksonville Intl. Airport, Florida

Beware of Thrifty Car Rental.  At Jacksonville International Airport a rentall agent offered a complimentary upgrade.  I travel for business and am used to car rental agents trying to upcharge on rentals but this guy was very slick.  I specifically stated that I was not interested in an upgrade but he was persistent.  I agreed as long as it was at no additional cost, thinking that I was helping him move  some cars that don't rent often.  I signed for the rental on an electronic pad that was not backlight well enough for me to read.  The agent never advised of the additional cost.  Looking back on it I believe this was a rehersed scam, targeting weary travelers.  It was 9:30 PM and I had been gone several days and was heading back on the road the next day, so all I needed was a car to take home and return to the airport the next day for my next trip..  I called customer service and was absolutely stone walled.  I truly believe Thrifty has a orchestrated program to drive revenue by taking advantage of unsuspecting travelers.  I have rented hundreds of times in 35 years of business travel of times and offered upgrades for free and at additional costs, but this is the first time something this slick was tried.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2011 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Rental/Jacksonville-Intl-Airport-Florida-/Thrifty-Car-Rental-Thrifty-Car-Rental-Jacksonville-Florida-I-was-offered-a-complimentary-742895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Rental