Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Rental

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Brunswick Ohio
Thrifty Car Rental
1100 JETPORT ROAD MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina U.S.A.

Thrifty Car Rental Stay Away from Thrifty Car Rental! ripoff MYRTLE BEACH South Carolina

Several months ago I rented a car from Thrifty Car Rental in Myrtle Beach, SC. It got hit while parked a friend's house. The lady who hit the car admitted doing it and I field a police report. I was told by the agent at Thrifty that all I needed was the report and her insurance info.

A few weeks later I got a bill (dated April 12, 2007) from Subrogation Management Team (acting on behalf of Thrifty Car Rental) for $1,294.20. The bill told me to pay this amount, but after some research, I discovered that the lady who hit my car also received the same bill. Had I apid it, the Subrogation Team would have been paid twice!

About a month later I got another bill (dated May 10, 2007) for $410.00. State Farm (the insurance company of the lady who hit me) had not paid $260.00 for loss of use and $150.00 administration fee. Next I get a letter saying that Thirfty is going to sue me for these fees.

I sent an e-mail to the Thrifty customer service department. I indicated that I was very confused as to why Thrifty would allow this Subrogation Management Team to harass and threaten a Thrifty customer. It took two weeks for some one from customer service to respond and tell me that I have to talk to someone else.

I then received a Final Notice and was told that Thrifty would be giving my name over to a national collection agency if I didn't pay these fees. I went ahead and paid the $410 fees.

I then composed a very long and detailed letter that I sent to the branch of Thrifty Car Rental in Myrtle Beach that I rented the car from. I also sent a copy to the Thrifty word headquarters. I pleaded in the letter for someone to contact me and explain to me why this happened. This was over a month ago and I have heard from no one.

It isn't even about the money anymore. It's that Thrifty Car Rental won't even bother to call me to discuss this matter. I chose to rent from them, I got jammed for $410 in bogus fees, and they don't even have the decency to call me back to discuss the matter. I have never encountered a business that has been so unprofessional.

Fmupatriot
Brunswick, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Rental/MYRTLE-BEACH-South-Carolina-29577/Thrifty-Car-Rental-Stay-Away-from-Thrifty-Car-Rental-ripoff-MYRTLE-BEACH-South-Carolina-267328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Rental