Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Rental

• Reported By: Patricia — Fremont California USA
Thrifty Car Rental
1805 E SKY HARBOR CIRCLE SOUTH PHoenix, Arizona United States of America

Thrifty Car Rental are cheats! PHoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Did you sign a rental agreement with Thrifty?

I was quoted by the Thrifty agent at the counter that it would cost "about" $100 to add myself to a rental car for 3 days. When we took the car back, I asked again how much my portion would cost. The agent quoted $139. He then ran my credit card for $218! I protested, but he refused to change the charge. When I arrived home a few days later, I spoke with a Mary Graham through customer service. She also refused to help, and she wouldn't even give me a name or number to pursue my claim. I will never rent from Thrifty again. Apparently, they can quote you anything and then run your card for something almost TWICE as much and there is nothing you can do about it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2010 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Rental/PHoenix-Arizona-85034/Thrifty-Car-Rental-are-cheats-PHoenix-Arizona-653682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Rental

Did you sign a rental agreement with Thrifty?

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

What did your contract say? I don't understand what you mean by: "I asked again how much my portion would cost."

Were you on the contract with another person(s)?

If you signed a rental agreement and Thrifty has charged you more than what you agreed to in the rental agreement, go after Thrifty in small claims court. You have the written proof through your contract.

If, instead, they charged you what is stated on the contract then you don't have a leg to stand on against Thrifty. If you signed the contract withother people also responsible for payment to Thrifty and Thrifty took the entire payment from you, then your recourse is against the other party - not Thrifty. Look at your agreement.