distinguished

• Reported By: Edward — Daytona Beach Florida United States of America
Thrifty Car Rental
thrifty.com Internet United States of America

Thrifty Car Rental Thrifty Sure Is Very Shifty Internet, Internet

I greatly emphasized to the agent at the Thrifty car rental counter that I did not want insurance.  He indicated that he did not get it either when he traveled!!  Nontheless, I found later that I had been charged for an insurance like product by checking a particular screen and signing a separate paper which was about the same price of the rental.  When I complained upon discovering the error, I was told there was no point in contacting anyone as I had signed the agreement.  I asked for the videotape of the separte signing of the paper, the email addresses of the company officers and officials, the reason the manager did not return my calls for a week, the reason I had been told that the manager had gone on vacation, the reason the manager had told me he would call that evening, etc. but was told in very roboticly that such information was unavailable or only unexplainable.  Only, six months later, when I threated to report to a governmental agencies in writing was my money returned.

Upon follow-up, Thrifty agents indicated that there was no change planned for the small electronic pad responses which, in my opinion, can greatly mislead customers with unfamilar "insurance-like" terms.  I hope we can prevail upon them to do so.  Since that time I've rented from Enterprise in which the optional coverage was clear and concise and there were no additional screens to sign or check.  BE VERY, VERY AWARE OF ELECTRONIC PADS and the option of additional paper signatures at the Thrifty counters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2012 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Rental/internet/Thrifty-Car-Rental-Thrifty-Sure-Is-Very-Shifty-Internet-Internet-838028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Rental