Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Sales

• Updated: Thu, June 21, 2012

• Reported By: Sally — Belleview Florida United States of America
Thrifty Car Sales
10135 SE US 441 Belleview, Florida United States of America

Thrifty Car Sales Refusal to return car owners keys after taking vehicle for drive to determine trade-in value Belleview, Florida

We went to a sale in a Publix parking lot by Thrifty Car Sales.
After filling out the name and address required, they asked for the keys to our car to drive and let us know the trade-in value for it. After looking and not finding any car to test drive we opted to leave, asking for our keys. They said the car was not back yet, looking aroung, my husband saw it parked and asked for the keys again.
Then another sales person said a car is running, air on, waiting for us to test drive.
We said no, we are leaving. He said no we are not giving the keys back to you, my husband  then said he would call the police and get them back. No answer. So we walked slowly to our car and drove away with my key. I had to bring an officer back with me to get my husbands keys.

They never did give us a trade-in value what our car was worth!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2012 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Sales/Belleview-Florida-34420/Thrifty-Car-Sales-Refusal-to-return-car-owners-keys-after-taking-vehicle-for-drive-to-det-900979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Sales