Complaint Review: Thrifty Propane

• Submitted: Fri, May 18, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2015

• Reported By: Dan — Downingtown Pennsylvania United States of America
Thrifty Propane
200 Cinder Rd New Providence, Pa New Providence, Pennsylvania United States of America

Thrifty Propane told me I was hired, told me to give my notice of resignation, then day before final day, they called and said they didnt need me New Providence, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Legal Notice

*UPDATE Employee: Improved Staffing Model

I applied for a job posted on Craigslist and sent my resume.

Kathleen contacted me and asked if I was interested in position- I said yes I was called by Kathleen to take drug test in lancaster (55 miles away from my home), I asked if I could use a branch office 3 miles from my home- Kathleen said she would check and call me back, Kathleen also asked me if the owner of the company had called me yet; I responded No; she asked if I was sure; I responded "I think I would remember something like that"! This was on a Tuesday. Sunday evening, the owner did call me and said he was anxious to meet me on Monday- I said "excuse me", he responded that Kathleen had told him I had already given my 2 week notice and was starting Monday- I replied "NO one told me I was hired yet, that I was Still waiting for Kathleen to call me back about where to take the drug test! He said he would call Kathleen and then call me by 9:30am Monday; well Kathleen called me at 7:30 Monday and couldnt understand why I never took the drug test! I responded that I was waiting on her call as to which office to go to- she said I HAD to go to lancaster, I said, OK, do you have an address? She gave me the address and I went the next morning, then called her as I left the building, and also asked her when I should give my notice and she said today. I went back to my part time school bus job for my afternoon run and promptly gave my 2 week notice, then called Kathleen back and advised her of my last day with bus company, which was 5/18/12.

On 5/17/12, Kathleen called me to tell me they no longer needed me! I find this an outrage and utterly unprofessional to say the least! Then she added that they feared I would leave their full time position to go back to driving school bus in the fall (as a part time position). I said  to her " he did NOT say that! Seriously? What kind of person, or major company screws with a persons livelihood, even if only part time, but alas, my ONLY source of income- tell me to give my notice, then wait the 2 weeks to say they "dont need me" Had it not been for MY ethics and had given less notice- I would be unemployed right now! How or what can I do to seek action against their gross lack of professionalism? I did everything she asked within 1 business day of every communication, and think what Thrifty did is horendous!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2012 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Propane/New-Providence-Pennsylvania-/Thrifty-Propane-told-me-I-was-hired-told-me-to-give-my-notice-of-resignation-then-day-b-884874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Propane

#1 General Comment

Legal Notice

AUTHOR: Legal Notice - ()

Please take notice that Thrifty Propane (“Plaintiff”) has filed an action in the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas (Ohio) – Thrifty Propane v. John Doe, Case No. A1500404– due to allegedly false and disparaging statements published concerning her on Ripoff Report using various aliases or screen names.  This complaint is one for defamation per se, defamation, tortious interference with existing economic and/or business relationships, and tortious interference with prospective economic and/or business relationships against Defendant.  Plaintiff seeks the following relief: a preliminary and permanent injunction; declaratory judgment; general, exemplary, and punitive damages; and attorneys’ fees.  Defendant must answer the complaint within the time allotted by the Court.

Please contact Plaintiff’s counsel, Whitney Gibson at wcgibson@vorys.com, to obtain a copy of the complaint.

Improved Staffing Model

AUTHOR: Thrifty Propane - ()

Thrifty Propane recognizes the hardship of this prospective hire's situation. Unfortunately, Thrifty Propane, like every other business is driven by the changing demands of the market. We do our best to gauge and anticipate staffing requirements, but at times unpredictable market conditions dictate difficult decisions. We have worked hard to improve our staffing requirements model to prevent such circumstances from arising in the future.