Complaint Review: Thrifty Propane

• Submitted: Wed, January 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 11, 2012

• Reported By: FRUSTRATED & COLD — Blacklick Ohio United States of America
Thrifty Propane

Thrifty Propane Lies, failed promises and extremely poor customer service, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Thrifty Propane Emergency Fills

*Consumer Comment: Ask for Angie

*Consumer Comment: Trying to make sense out of this...

*Consumer Comment: Who to call

I called Thrifty on Jan 4th to get a propane fill for 2 tanks that we have.  I told them I was running low, below 10%, they said they would be out in 1-5 days.  In the past, they always showed up the next day.  I called on 1/9 to say we were out of propane.  We still have a little left, but don't want to bleed it dry. They said someone would be out that afternoon.  At 5:30 no one had made it out, called again and they said they would be there first thing in the morning.

Call the next morning around 10 am, and I was told the truck scheduled for my delivery had broken down but another truck would be out by end of day, and some one would call us to let us know when.  I called back a few times to check, each time they promised someone would check and call me back.  Never got a call back.  at 5:30 called again, and she promised to call me back by 6:00 whether a truck was going to make it out or not.  No Call gain.

Called 1/11 first thing, I was told that 'this is rediculous, I will go get a truck myself and drive it to your house' by Jamie.  She promised to call me back within 10 minutes.  2 hrs later, no call.  Called back and insisted on a manager, got her voice mail.  She finally called back an hour later and had located another truck and they would head my way as soon as they were done with their delivery.

Around 1:30 he showed up, knocked on my door, and said sorry, I will have to come back another day, my truck just broke down.  This is now the 3rd truck that has 'broken down'.  Called the manager again, Dee, and she told me to call another company.  I also talked with other representatives, one guy, didn't catch his name said he couldn't tell me anything (this was on 1/10), said there was no way to know where the drivers were, or if or when anyone would ever get to me (how nice).

I called again, and I wished I had written down everyones names, but basically all I got was a pack of lies, and failed promises.  I have been freezing in my house for 4 days now, no hot water, and no stove or oven.  I did call another company and they will be out here on 1/13, so 2 more days of freezing, but at least the company I called is a local company with a real office that I can go into if I need to.

You can't find anything but a PO box for Thrifty, so that right there should warn you all to stay away.  I would not recommend Thrifty to anyone.  Failed promises, lies, total disregard for my situation, they can take this crappy company and shove it!!!  You would think they would have at least offered me a discount through all of this grief, but nope, just told me to call someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Propane/internet/Thrifty-Propane-Lies-failed-promises-and-extremely-poor-customer-service-Internet-821244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Propane

Thrifty Propane Emergency Fills

AUTHOR: Thrifty Propane - ()

Thrifty Propane continually strives to provide the best service at the best price. We apologize for the unsatisfactory experience. We strive to deliver within 5 working days of the order. During peak season or inclement weather, we cannot always reach this target in our general dispatch. Emergency fills are available, but require customers specifically notify us that a special dispatch is required.

Ask for Angie

AUTHOR: Candy - (United States of America)

You need to contact a customer service rep and ask for Angie. Shes the owner.

Trying to make sense out of this...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Was your account always paid on time and current at the time you ordered?

Most companies don't want to lose established customers by referring them to other companies.

Are you leaving anything out?

Who to call

AUTHOR: PFITZ - (USA)

Call Strickland Propane in Arlen, TX, ask for Hank Hill, he will hook you up faster than you can say Lady Bird.......Good luck