Complaint Review: Thrifty Rent A Car

• Submitted: Mon, May 23, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 06, 2006

• Reported By:irvine California
Thrifty Rent A Car
5310 E. 31st Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Thrifty car rental terrible customer service ripoff Tulsa Oklahoma

*Consumer Suggestion: It's better to deal directly with the companies

I used Expedia.com to reserve a 6 passenger, 4 door standard SUV that could fit 5 large suitcases for my family while in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. When I arrived, Thrifty gave me a 2 door Jeep Wrangler that sat 4 and could only handle 2 large suitcases. My wife and I have 4 small children and needed a vehicle to carry all of us. This vehicle was not it. When I informed the people at the counter the problem, they said they would get me a mini van later that day or the next to accommodate us. Needless to say this never materialized.

I was very upset when the problem first occurred in Mexico; I became even more upset when I received the first unsatisfactory response from Brandon Jackson in Thrifty Customer Service. I gave him the opportunity to do what was right and rectify the problem. In his second letter to me he did not but he did shed light on how Thrifty operates. Obviously trying to maintain customer loyalty and customer satisfaction is not a priority. Refunding my charges at the very beginning of this would have ended the issue and I would have remained a customer however Mr. Jackson decided to hold a hard line and pass the blame to Expedia. I am upset to the point that I plan on doing whatever it takes to get this matter resolved. In my conversation with Mr. Jackson today, he told me that Thrifty is aware of the fact that Thrifty is being misrepresented on Expedia and that your company has not yet done anything. This begs the question, how many other consumers have had similar issues?

Briant
irvine, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2005 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Rent-A-Car/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74153/Thrifty-car-rental-terrible-customer-service-ripoff-Tulsa-Oklahoma-143709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Rent A Car

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It's better to deal directly with the companies

AUTHOR: Ginger - (U.S.A.)

This is why I deal directly with the companies rather than someone like Expedia. Even if i pay $5 or $10 more for the rental by dealing with them directly, there is a smaller margin of error.

Ginger