Complaint Review: Thrifty Rental Car International

• Updated: Tue, June 10, 2014

• Reported By: Roy — Texas
Thrifty Rental Car International
Nationwide USA

Thrifty Rental Car International Thrifty/Dollar Rental Car InternationalFrankfurt International Airport False Advertising Frankfurt, Germany Nationwide

Be aware - Thrifty/Dollar Car International Rental in Frankfurt, Germany will rip you off. It did me and many other renters.
I had a Thrifty on-line reservation for a mid-size car for 3 weeks in May 2014. Upon checking in at their Frankfurt, Germany, Airport Counter, I was told that I couldn’t use the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) even though I presented my US issued Gold Master Card with it my paper copy of Credit Card Benefits guide. The clerk did not accept it as valid and if I wanted the rental I had no option but to accept their insurance with one of three choices of deductible. This put me into a real bind. I was already late by going from overseas arrival in Terminal 1 to their counter in terminal 2, which took well over one hour. I made a big mistake and accepted the rental with insurance, thinking I could get a later correction adjustment by Thrifty.
Needless to say, upon returning the car and upon writing to Thrifty, I got no help. This last rental (and there will be no more with Thrifty) cost me $561 more - almost double the online quote of $606. I was charged $1161 (853 Euros) for the rental, plus 826 (600 Euros) for the deductible, for the latter I was reimbursed $821 at time rental return.
Please be warned, don’t rent from this Thrifty location. It’s false advertising because their Best Rate is a trap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Rental-Car-International/nationwide/Thrifty-Rental-Car-International-ThriftyDollar-Rental-Car-InternationalFrankfurt-Interna-1153255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Rental Car International