Complaint Review: Thrifty Rental Car

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: Amt073 — cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Thrifty Rental Car
3114 Loomis Rd. Hebron, Kentucky United States of America

Thrifty Rental Car Stranded and personal vehicle towed right from thrifty parking lot Hebron, Kentucky

Rented a car for one week from this location which is an airport location.  This was the first time renting at this location but not the first time renting from Thrifty.  I left my car in "customer parking" and the Customer Service Rep never stated that that spot was off limits.  I get back to KY to find my car gone...Thrifty had it towed all the way to Newport, KY.  When I asked where's my car, she said they towed it because you can't leave your car for more than 3 days.  I live in Florence, KY away from any family or any help and I am a single parent.  I immediately went off on this moron as she stands there not even trying to give me the info on the address of the tow company or the name of the rep who was responsible.  She decided to give me that info after I raised my voice.  I stated just exactly how am I going to get to my car?  The manager comes out and says it's your responsibility to find a way.  I said your rep screwed me over and you think I should come up with a way (which would mean spending more money that I didn't have plus pay $210.00 for release of the tow)?.  I was stranded from 3:00 pm to about 9:00 pm until my family drove all the way from Dayton, OH to rescue me and not to mention it is hot in KY this time of year.  By the time my family got to Thrifty, the tow company was closed.  They drove me to my house in Florence & thus had to wait until next morning and pay for a taxi.  At this point corporate hasn't done anything so I will probably have to get the State Attorney General!    Oh and by the way, she had the nerve to point to  a sign that is posted behind the customer parking that says "Private parking"  duh I am not an unauthorized person I rented a car and had to leave my car there...didn't have an issue like this at Thrifty airport location in Vandalia, OH.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Rental-Car/Hebron-Kentucky-41048/Thrifty-Rental-Car-Stranded-and-personal-vehicle-towed-right-from-thrifty-parking-lot-Heb-749870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Rental Car