Complaint Review: Thrifty

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Donna G. — Naperville Illinois United States of America
Thrifty
West Palm Beach Airport Internet United States of America

Thrifty Added their own Insurance to contract after agent was told not needed. Internet

I fount a deal on the Internet for Thrifty rent a Car for $87. per week unlimited mileage with the estimated cost $122.88 with taxes. At the West Palm Beach International Airport was the Thrifty customer counter. I confirmed my reservation with the lady and added the Sun Pass for an additional $40.00, and I turned down all other Insurances due to the fact I have my own Insurance carrier with full coverage. the total cost for the week should of been around $175. at the most for the week. My checking account was debited $339.36 due to the fact the customer service agent added their full coverage @$29.99 per day and some more additional coverage for $5.00 per day. After I hade given her my Insurance card and told her no thank you I am Covered for rental cars thru my Insurance carrier. When I called Thrifty customer service to ask why my bill was so high, that when I found out all the additions had been added and I signed the contract so there was nothing more I could do. So Thrifty and their specials are no specials at all. Please be aware of Thrify contracts and their additional addons.

Signed; Bouncing checking Account consumer.
Donna G.
gilsond@repsrv.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty/internet/Thrifty-Added-their-own-Insurance-to-contract-after-agent-was-told-not-needed-Internet-943355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty