Complaint Review: Thumbtack

• Submitted: Sun, January 13, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: Irmadb1119 — HACIENDA HEIGHTS California U.S.A.
Thumbtack
454 Natoma St. San Francisco, California 94103 Moreno Valley, California United States of America

Thumbtack Thumbtack Charge for fake job leads Moreno Valley, California

*General Comment: Thumbtack rip off

I have some doubts about Thumbtack as well. Ive paid for the services multiple times over the last 6 -12 months and I have yet to receive any actual business from the leads. I know theres always gonna be someone better than you or cheaper than you out there, but I gotta believe I couldve landed some of these leads. I dont like how I pay thumbtack up front for the info and then I dont get any actual contact info. Only the lead within thumbtacks website. It made me start thinking it would be a really easy way for thumbtack to make money off of suckers like me. Tell me they have a great lead and for the low
price of $5.99 I can contact that lead. I pay the fee and wait a couple days later I get a notification that the buyer decided to go with someone else. I have NO way to know if thats legit or if I was paying for a fake lead they could tell me anything they want and I have no way to verify that I was even paying for a legitimate lead.  I thought thumbtack could be a great way to gain additional business, but I have lost faith. Now when I get those e-mails telling me someone is looking for my services, I pass. They might be legit They might not be. The thing that stinks for me is that theres even a reason to doubt. Once I have paid for the rights to contact a lead, I believe we should be given the customers e-mail address, full name, phone number,
etc. so we have every opportunity at our disposal to close the sale.  Being limited to thumbtacks mediation once they have our money limits us and causes serious question marks in my mind as to the validity of the actual lead. Just my .02 worth.
Have a great day!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thumbtack/Moreno-Valley-California-92553/Thumbtack-Thumbtack-Charge-for-fake-job-leads-Moreno-Valley-California-996151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thumbtack

#1 General Comment

Thumbtack rip off

AUTHOR: bestdj45 - ()

Well I have been going through the same thing here in SC. I have paid thumbtack a lot of money since I started about a year ago.

We have a DJ Company and we also have a photo booth and I bid on both sometimes but all I ever see is so and so viewed your quote but never hear from the client about anything.  As soon as I see that they have viewed my quote I ask them if they have any questions about our services, etc.. Never hear anything back so yes I believe they are ripping people off.

Thanks Steve