Complaint Review: Thunderbolt Motors

• Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: lola1414 — conroe Texas United States of America
Thunderbolt Motors
6847 harrisburg blvd houston, Texas United States of America

Thunderbolt Motors Thunderbolt Motors Steals your Money and your car and makes you pay for it houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Thunderbolt Lived Up To Their Warranty

*Consumer Comment: Engine

Well I searched and searched for a place to get my engine replaced. Thundrbolt quoted me 2,200 for a long block for my 96 toyota camry. They said it would be free towing and $800 deposit. They got the car I paid them the money then they tell me that they want 3,700 to fix my car for parts they say are broken. I told them I couldnt afford that and that the parts they were quoting me for did not sound right. spark plugs and a distributor cap do not add up to another 1,500. So now I can't afford it I want the $800 back they said that was for the towing fee that they had told me was free. I have no vehicle to tow my vehicle home so they said they would put it in storage and proceed to charge me storage fee's. So at the end of it all I have paid these crooks $800 to steal my car and now I guess they want to ruin my credit. They told me they were tired of me and that they wouldn't speak to me any longer even though they are the ones with my vehicle. Please Please never go to Thunderbolt Motors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2011 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thunderbolt-Motors/houston-Texas-77303/Thunderbolt-Motors-Thunderbolt-Motors-Steals-your-Money-and-your-car-and-makes-you-pay-fo-801704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thunderbolt Motors

Thunderbolt Lived Up To Their Warranty

AUTHOR: George - (United States of America)

I had a Thunderbolt engine installed in April of this year.  A few days later, a radiator hose came lose and most of the antifreeze leaked out.  Thunderbolt sent their wrecker to tow the car back to their shop.  They profusely apologized and did not charge me. The week of this Thanksgiving, the head gasket blew along with another minor problem. The engine is still under warranty.  I picked up the car today and they DID NOT even attempt to charge me at all me, for even the labor!  I am happy with the engine and Thunderbolt's employees and their work!

Engine

AUTHOR: Joseph Brown - (USA)

You could have gone to Advance or Autozone, bought your longblock or even shortblock and paid someone to install it for a whole lot less, I'm sure. I bought a longblock 455 Olds "G" block(the rodders love them" and with my trade in, I paid less than 1500 bucks. And I'll bet they wouldn't have stolen your car.