• Report: #1120483

• Updated: Mon, February 03, 2014

• Reported By: Carlos — Houston Texas
Thunderbolt Transmissions
6847 Harrisburg Blvd, Houston, TX 77011, Select State/Province USA

Thunderbolt Transmissions Joe, Tommy Ripped Me off for a rebuilt engine Houston Texas

Thunderbolt Transmission

Houston, Tx.

Back in July 2013 I took my car to Thunderbolt to have an engine replaced that my insurance would not cover after an accident.  Thunderbolt quoted me $2495.00 for a rebuilt engine. I then went on vacation for a week. So when I return from vacation I get a call from Thunderbolt saying my car is ready and the bill is $8000.00 minus the 800 dollar down payment that I supplied before I left. They never called me for authirization to start on the repair.  I also went up there after my vacation to see the other engine to see what was wrong with it.  They could produce the other engine. SO i am now stuck trying to pay this inflated bill.

I have been calling in for payments every 2 weeks as I get payed because I could not afford the 8k bill up front.  I call today and ask for Tommy who is the Manager at Thunderbolt and tell him my issue, he then transfers over to Joe and I ask him why he has not taken out payments when I call it in.  He tells me that the amount that I could afford to pay every 2 weeks wasnt good enough on this size of bill.  I need some help with these guys. Someone.  I also find out from one of the techs, that I should have bought the rebuilt motor at $2495.00 and got one of the techs to do it on the side at there home where he would have charged me only $500.00 to do.

If anyone can help please let me know.  Not to mention that I am also paying the car note on this vehicle because it is brand new.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thunderbolt-Transmissions/Houston-TX-77011-Select-StateProvince/Thunderbolt-Transmissions-Joe-Tommy-Ripped-Me-off-for-a-rebuilt-engine-Houston-Texas-1120483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thunderbolt Transmissions