Complaint Review: Thurl Quigley

• Reported By: Anonymous — Longmont Colorado United States of America
Thurl Quigley
PO BOX 232 Fort Collins, Colorado United States of America

Thurl Quigley T. Holding Company Criminal Landlord Fort Collins, Colorado

I rented a house with two other room-mates in Fort Collins, Colorado from Thurl Quigley/T. Holding Company/THC Property Management for one year.  The house was located at 1601 Leesdale Ct, Fort Collins CO 80521.  The landlord, Thurl Quigley uses the guise of THC Properties, and T. Holding company, to market rental properties primarily to Colorado State University students and young adults.  Thurl and his "company" will rip you off by not returning your rental deposit under any circumstance, by imposing fines on tenants that are absurd and unreasonanle, by violating the terms of HIS lease time and time again by failing to make needed repairs on the house, letting extreme water damage rip holes in your ceiling,  allowing mold to grow, and generaly making the residence uninhabitable per Colorado Health Codes.  At one point Thurl took one of my rent checks, and held it without my knowledge, claiming that it "hadnt gone through".  I wrote him another check labeled "rent check number 2".  One day later, before I had time to cancel the first check that Thurl had lied about, Thurl cashed both my checks, despite claiming the first one had not gone through, overdrawing my account by several hundred dollars.   Thurl claimed that the first check was to cover fees that we owed him for snow removal and late rent.  These fees totaled about $180 not the $385 that each one of us owed for rent.  Regardless of the fees we owed him, Thurl lied to me and got duplicate copies of one rent check, then used money that was intended to pay for rent to pay for fees that were not even due at the time.  If you live in the Northern Colorado area, especially Fort Collins, I urge you not to rent from Thurl Quigley.  I have met several ex tenants, and talked to my neighbors, and they all say that he repeats this same ordeal with every tenant that rent from him.

THURL QUIGLEY IS A LIAR, A THIEF, AND A HAS DISPICABLE SLUM LORD

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thurl-Quigley/Fort-Collins-Colorado-80522/Thurl-Quigley-T-Holding-Company-Criminal-Landlord-Fort-Collins-Colorado-536203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thurl Quigley