Complaint Review: TiVo Community Forum And Store

• Updated: Sun, August 17, 2008

• Reported By:New Philadelpia Ohio
TiVo Community Forum And Store
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php Internet U.S.A.

TiVo Community Forum And Store Banned because of "suspicion" that I am a banned member Internet

Simply on the basis of the suspicions of one member in the TiVo Community Forum, I was banned permanently. He said that I was a banned member named "HOOKBILL". His account name is "sooka". This started about two months ago, shortly after I joined the TiVo Forum. He was going around the internet apparently finding things that this "HOOKBILL" person said that were similar to what I said as his evidence. He would plead with the moderators to acknowledge him.

I ignored him until his last post. At that time I did a search and saw that out of his 16 post, 8 of them were directed towards me. At this point I noitified the moderators of his harrassment and ask them to please have him stop.

Almost immediately after I made this request I was banned! I wrote to them and asked on what basis? There has been no response.

I went back to the site to send another email and found out not only was I banned but my IP address was banned.

This person, Sooka was the only one who thought I was HOOKBILL. Nobody else even commented on it everytime he made an acqusation. And he had 8 comparisons in a 3 month span.

As a TiVo owner there is valuable information in that forum that you can't get in other places. There are also direct contacts from TiVo in there. They are not however a part of TiVo itself.

They do have their own store in which they sell products. So I am asking people not to purchase anything from http://store.tivocommunity.com/.

If they ban someone just on a suspicion, what kind of business people can they be?

Richard
New Philadelpia, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2008 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TiVo-Community-Forum-And-Store/internet/TiVo-Community-Forum-And-Store-Banned-because-of-suspicion-that-I-am-a-banned-member-Int-363809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TiVo Community Forum And Store