Complaint Review: TiVo

• Submitted: Fri, November 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, November 17, 2006

• Reported By:Sacramento California
TiVo
2160 Gold St, Alviso, California U.S.A.

TiVo TiVo, Dishonest billing Alviso California

TiVo charged my credit card for $142 I did not authorize.

In October I paid TiVo $12.95 by credit card for a month trial of the service. I cancelled the TiVo service at the end of the first month, at which time the billing rep told me it was cancelled within the trial period and gave me a verbal Confirmation # of account cancellation. She told me it was cancelled within the trial period with no 1Yr contract. She declined my request to send me a written confirmation of that.

14 days later I noticed an unauthorized charge pending on my credit card statement by TiVo for $142. I called TiVo to resolve it but they refused.

So I am filing a dispute with my credit card bank to get the money refunded.

I'm posting this here so that others will beware of TiVo and their credit card abuse.

Mark
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2006 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TiVo/Alviso-California-95002/TiVo-TiVo-Dishonest-billing-Alviso-California-221116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TiVo