Complaint Review: Ticket Titans II

Ticket Titans II
417 N. 85th Street Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Ticket Titans II Legalized ticket scalping Omaha, Nebraska

*Consumer Comment: It is 100% legal

I purchased 3 Lion King tickets on 8/2/11. I bought what I thought were good seats. I bought 3 orchestra seats billed at 104.00 each. Anyone that knows the Hippodrome Theatre in Baltimore knows that these should be good seats. I received the tickets on 9/13/11 and what I got was tickets in the very last row of the orchestra section which in fact is the very last row in the theatre. The tickets also have a price of 72.25 cents on them. I was charged 32.00 more for each ticket in addition to a service fee of 21.32 for each ticket.

I called the number on the receipt and was told that since they are a re-seller of tickets, they can charge any amount they want. This is outrageous. How is this any different then scalping tickets on a corner? I called again and asked for a manager and was told that she was in a meeting. When you call the number on the receipt you get the same guy all the time. He did not even ask for my name.

I contacted the Hippodrome Theatre about it and was told by their manager that they cannot control the price that a re-seller charges.

I contact my bank about reversing the charge and was told that this is a legitimate business and that since no error was made in the price I was quoted they cannot help me. I ended up paying 150.00 more for 3 tickets to this show then I should have paid. The part that bothers me most is that everyone I talked to about the problem says it is lega. In fact I was told by the Hippodrome management and the back personnel just not to buy from them again.

How can this be legal? Where is it any different then scalping?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2011 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticket-Titans-II/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Ticket-Titans-II-Legalized-ticket-scalping-Omaha-Nebraska-776345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticket Titans II

It is 100% legal

AUTHOR: MRamos - (USA)

Ticket scalping is legal in most places including Nebraska. What's not legal in many places is selling tickets close to the venue. Why didn't you get it from Ticketmaster, its linked directly from the theaters site. I also noticed that there are no $104 seats for the show. Ticket Titans doesn't suggest they are an official seller and they even show the section and row of all their tickets so there was no way you did not know the location of the tickets. You weren't ripped off, you were just stupid.