Complaint Review: Ticket Titans

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: Laurie — Lansing New York United States of America
Ticket Titans

Ticket Titans Jennifer (Manager) Inflated ticket prices and charged additional nonsense fees then refused to give a refund, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I Too Was Deceived By Ticket Titans II

We purchased tickets to go see the John Mayer concert in Buffalo, NY April of 2012.  We thought we were purchasing through a trusted vendor of the John Mayer website.  It ended up being Ticket Titans - a rip-off ticket vendor.  They not only doubled the ticket price but they also charged an additional nonsense fee and refused to give us a refund.  As an added bonus, we didn't even get seating numbers or choices.

We were given the entire balcony as a seat?  I was told by a gentleman who works there that they have "a lot of websites that look identical to websites like the shea theater in Buffalo and the John Mayer website.  When you think you're purchasing from them, you're really not, you're purchasing from us."

When I showed concern that the theater may not honor the tickets purchased he disregarded it and refused to give a refund.  I then talked to the manager, Jennifer.  She refused to talk to me as the purchase was in my boyfriend's name.  She told me it would be 'unethical' of her to talk to me about the purchase.  I told her the entire business that she's running is unethical!  I will be contacting the Attorney General in NYS about this business and I recommend others do the same in their own states.  Maybe a class action law suit is in order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticket-Titans/internet/Ticket-Titans-Jennifer-Manager-Inflated-ticket-prices-and-charged-additional-nonsense-fe-847615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticket Titans

I Too Was Deceived By Ticket Titans II

AUTHOR: Veritas52 - (Virgin Islands (US))

I called to cancel the Cirque du Soleil tickets for a May 5, 2012 performance at the 1st Mariner Arenas in Baltimore a half hour after the September 6, 2011 internet ticket purchase.  Shortly after the ticket purchase, I realized the transaction did not take place at the official 1st Mariner Arena website as I had been led to believe by the web design.  I followed up two hours later requesting the ticket transaction be canceled.

I contacted my credit company to dispute the transaction September 6, 2011 based on the website being masqueraded as the official venue website emblazoned with a 100% money back guarantee symbol.  I filed complaints with consumer protection divisions of the states of Maryland and Nebraska as with the FTC. My credit company did not sustain my initial dispute or follow-up dispute.  I disputed the transaction a third time and the transaction was canceled because Titans II refused to provide requested documentation.  I suggest you dispute the transaction and continue to dispute AND DO NOT accept tickets if mailed to you.  Your credit card company is required by law to honor any dispute transaction of $50 or more.  The credit card company DOES NOT have to find in your favor though but you have a right to continue to dispute the transaction.

I also refused to accept the tickets sent to me by FedEx.  I called FedEx and had them return the tickets without them coming to my house.  Titans II also has history of sending "empty" ticket mailers. How can one prove no tickets were received.  Please a complaint with the FTC. The FTC does not take action on singular case but only when numerous complaints are filed against business.

I considered legal action through small claims court.  But as you know, going to court is not a slam dunk.

Good luck in getting your money back.