Complaint Review: Ticketmaster And Entertainment Rewards

• Submitted: Thu, November 03, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, November 03, 2005

• Reported By:Mahwah New Jersey
Ticketmaster And Entertainment Rewards
ticketmaster.com and entertainment.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Ticket master And Entertainment Rewards false advertisement Ripoff internet

I am another victim of the Ticketmaster/Entainment Rewards scam. I purchased tickets from Ticketmaster.com using a debit card and saw a link to save $25 on my next ticketmaster purchase. Anxious to save money I clicked on the button only to find that it was actually a monthly service that I would have to pay for so I closed the window, thinking that was that.

Several weeks later I got my bank statement which contained a charge from Entertainment Rewards for $9. I thought perhaps I had bought something and couldnt remember it, so I ignored it. Next month another bank statement and another $9 being taken out of my account for Entertainment Rewards. Now sure that I had not simply forgotten a purchase I became suspicious and googled "ticketmaster and entertainment rewards" remembering the two were connected.

The results were unbelievable, hundreds of people had also been unknowingly charged a monthly fee by Entertainment Rewards when they clicked on a button on ticketmaster that offered a savings on their next purchase. I immediately called the number on my bank statement and canceled the membership, although the gentleman on the phone informed me that I had been sent at least 3 emails that the free 30 day trial was ending and I could cancel my membership if I wanted to with those emails. I told him that I had no recollection of ever agreeing to a free trial in the first place.

I was able to cancel my membership, but this is bogus. I went back to read ticketmaster's privacy policy which states "Consequently, if you elect to engage in a Merchant's Special Offer, Ticketmaster may provide that Merchant with your contact information - in fact, when you elect to engage in a Merchant's Special Offer you consent for us to provide your email address and other information to that Merchant."

I recommend no one uses ticketmaster.com and if you do use it, DO NOT click on any links because your information will automaticlaly be sent to that company without your knowledge.

Cheryl
Mahwah, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2005 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticketmaster-And-Entertainment-Rewards/nationwide/Ticket-master-And-Entertainment-Rewards-false-advertisement-Ripoff-internet-163207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticketmaster And Entertainment Rewards