Complaint Review: Ticketmaster - Entertainment Rewards

• Submitted: Tue, July 12, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 12, 2005

• Reported By:Port Hueneme California
Ticketmaster - Entertainment Rewards
1414 E. Maple Road Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Ticketmaster - Entertainment Rewards Ripoff unauthorized charges on my credit card via ticketmaster ticket purchase Troy Michigan

I purchased tickets on Ticketmaster online. After that I started getting charges to my credit card from a Entertainment Rewards for $7.00.

The first time I thought I had just missed something in my register or receipts but the second month I knew something was wrong.

I called ER phone number and asked what this was. They told me I had signed up for a free 30-day trial via the Ticketmaster website. I told them I never gave them my credit card and didn't remember signing up for anything and asked for a refund. I was told their policy is not to give refunds. I asked them to cancel my account which they did.

I then checked online and found out I'm not the only one this is happening to so I called them back. I asked for a refund again. I was told he could only refund 1 month. I asked for the manager and told them this was unauthorized and I wanted all my money back. He then refunded me for both months.

The only way that they could have gotten my credit card information is from Ticketmaster. I never gave this company that information, only my email address per them.

AJ
Port Hueneme, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2005 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticketmaster-Entertainment-Rewards/Troy-Michigan/Ticketmaster-Entertainment-Rewards-Ripoff-unauthorized-charges-on-my-credit-card-via-tic-149411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticketmaster - Entertainment Rewards