Complaint Review: Ticketmaster.com

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
ticketmaster.com Internet U.S.A.

Ticketmaster.com Entertainment Rewards ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Call #2 to Entertainment Rewards

Discovered today that upon buying tickets from ticketmaster.com 2 months ago, I was signed up for ENTERTAINMENT REWARDS.

Since then, they have been taking $9 out of my checking accnt A month W/OUT MY CONSENT. I did NOT sign up to try any offer or give them any consent that they could take a monthly WITHDRAWAL FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT.

The only notification I ever I recieved about this program was from the bank when I called about something else (May have recieved e-mails, but because I did not sign up for anything of the sort I would've deleted them as 'junk'). Luckily the bank provided me w/a phone #.

Upon looking up the co. online as to what benefits I was entitled to (which turned out to be NOTHING), I found more info on ANGRY people than info on the co.

After reading the complaints I decided to approach them carefully w/my diconnection & refund request. The man was READY W/HIS DEFENSE. I told him I knew exactly what happened & I spoke my actions. I managed to get a disconnection confirm. # & a $9 refund for this month (should've gotten full refund)... He was sure to tell me that this was "a one time curtesy," & that if I just so happened to find myself enrolled again, I couldn't get another refund.

But that's ok, I will never use ticketmaster.com again.
This is a dishonest scam I was enrolled in after I was so careful not to do anything of the sort. I would never try such a service as I very rarely buy tickets to events, etc. I do not understand how it is not outright theft.
They even know its dishonest, just listen to their voicemail mssg or talk to the man answering the phone, it sounds like their from a circus in hell, 866-364-1333.

Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2005 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticketmastercom/internet/Ticketmastercom-Entertainment-Rewards-ripoff-Internet-158022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticketmaster.com

Call #2 to Entertainment Rewards

AUTHOR: Crystal - (U.S.A.)

After very long, annoying wait music & having to convince the man on the other line that I was entitled to a full refund, he said I could have it.
They are not trained to serve customers well, but to cunningly steal their money.
I tried to tell him that there was some sort of miscommunication & glitch w/their co. & ticketmaster, but he didn't care about the future of his co.
I imagine their in it for a quick buck anyway.
It's called stealing when you have to chase them down & out smart them to get back money you did not give to them.
Its very frustrating to have to earn your own money twice.