• Report: #171945

• Submitted: Mon, January 16, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 16, 2006

• Reported By:Butler Pennsylvania
Ticketsnow, Benedum Center
12119 REgency Pkwy. Huntley, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-927-2770
  • Web:
  • Category: Theaters

Ticketsnow, Benedum Center Ripoff Ticketsnow uses a search for Benedum Center to lure individuals to their site to purchase tickets at prices nearly three times the cost if bought directly Huntley Illinois

I went online Oct. 17, 2005 to search for Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, Pa. to purchase tickets for Phantom of the OPera, running from l/4 to 1/29/06. When clicking on Benedum Center tickets, dates and prices appeared on screen.

I purchased 6 tickets for the Jan. 14, 2006 matinee at $90 each. I got a verification sportsticket.com verifying my order. On 10-24-05 I received confirmation from ticketsnow Order #559172 Section 2 tier left., Row U, Seats 43-53. As I have never been to the Benedum I had no idea where row was located. In the diagram shown on their website, rows or seats were not shown. Total cost of tickets, $540 tickkets, shipping $9.95 and handling $60 for a total of $609.95. I assumed that at $90.00 we would have top notch seats

My family attended the Jan.14th matinee and when be shown to our seats we found that our seats were in the second tier two rows from the very last rows in the theatre. I asked the person directly behind in row V what they had paid for their ticket, I was told $22 each plus tax. At intermission we made a complaint to the box office and was told these were scalpers.

I called ticketsnow to lodge a complaint on 1/16/06 and was told I selected the seat and should not complain and nothing could be done. I told the person I could not choose a seat as I had never been there and would not know how to choose, I chose by price, picking the higher cost believing they would be excellent seats.

Ticketsnow snares would be ticket purchaser to Benedum Center performances to scalp purchasers. I believed that this was Benedum Centers ticket agent, not an outside scalper.

I have contacted my credit card company to dispute the purchase. I contacted Benedum Theatre directly and was told there was nothing they can do as these people buy block tickets to which I replied that if they know ticketsnow are scalpers then perhpas they should not sell them tickets.

I have also contacted my local TV comsumer reporter in hopes of getting the word out about this company and spare others the same disappointment and ripoff.

Please get the word out. To me this is fraudulent, false advertisement and a scam.

Butler, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2006 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticketsnow-Benedum-Center/Huntley-Illinois-60142/Ticketsnow-Benedum-Center-Ripoff-Ticketsnow-uses-a-search-for-Benedum-Center-to-lure-indi-171945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticketsnow, Benedum Center