Complaint Review: Ticketsnow.com

• Updated: Sat, December 05, 2009

• Reported By: j.l. — st george Utah United States of America
Ticketsnow.com

Ticketsnow.com Buyer BETTER Be Aware, Internet

Be wary of Ticket Reseller and you will not get burned as I did.

Searched for Vegas show tickets (name unimportant) and chose first (most hits) site returned: Ticketsnow.com (TN.com).  They offered a range of tickets from which I chose the best I could afford.  The cost: $114 each... plus $17.10 each service fee and $14.95 to ship via FedEx: total $227.15.

I received the tickets a couple days ago, but only checked them this evening before the concert and noted A) ticket face values were $59.50 (total: $119) and B) the seating verified by TN.com are not as shown on ticket.

So I called hotel where show is being held and ended up speaking with a "show sales" supervisor who denied any association with TN.com.  While on the phone, the Sup'r checked the TN.com site and was surprised to note they had several tickets for sale (how could that have happened?) and noted something I had missed: "Reseller's Price."

After a fruitless discussion with the Sup'r, I revisited TN.com and sure'nuf their prices shown are preceded by "Reseller's Price," which is perfectly legal.  So I am out $108 because I missed the implications of that warning.  Other Vegas show tickets I have purchased AT HOTELs also included SERVICE FEES, so I was not surprised by those.

I am totally surprised that TN.com raised the ticket price by more than 90% (again, perfectly legal) and then had the gall to charge service and mailing fees.  So if looking for Vegas show tickets at Ticketsnow.com (A resale market place from TICKETMASTER according to the TN.com home page), be very, very wary lest you get taken for an extra $55/ticket as I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2009 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticketsnowcom/internet/Ticketsnowcom-Buyer-BETTER-Be-Aware-Internet-534228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticketsnow.com