Complaint Review: Tide Water

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Rusty — youngsville North Carolina
Tide Water
201 beval road wilmington, North Carolina USA

Tide Water TIDE WATER ARE RIP OFFS AND NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN wilmington North Carolina

I recently had the pain of doing business with these crooks. Several months back my mechanic ordered a front drive shaft for my disco. Within a few months it began squeeking. Turns out that one of the grease fittings was false, just on there for looks! Of course the warranty was out at this point. I contacted John at Tide Water and explained the problem. He wanted me to send it to him so that he could take a look, and possibly repair it. Well after a month of excuses, un answered calls, and no return calls, he finally said that he had ordered the parts for repair. A few weeks later, still no word from them. When I finally get in touch with someone, I am told that the parts are on back order. Once again, weeks pass with no word. Out of the blue, John calls and says that the parts neeced cannot be purchased and that it would have to shipped to the mfd to be repaired. Then I'm told that for around the same $$ he will sell me a new one. How convienient for him! I decided to have my mechanic order one from another source and be done with the non sense. I contacted John because I needed my old shaft to cover the core. He said that was fine and so I made arrangements to have it picked up. Before they can even get there, I get a return call from John saying that there is a diagnostic fee of $95 for him looking at it. Seriously, you are going to charge me to check out a faulty product that came from you? As the saying goes "this one is on me, but I promise you next time will be on you! After reading other incidents about T.W. relating to the same thing, I'm convinced that they have no business serving the public!! I wish them all the failure in the world.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2014 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tide-Water/wilmington-North-Carolina/Tide-Water-TIDE-WATER-ARE-RIP-OFFS-AND-NEED-TO-BE-SHUT-DOWN-wilmington-North-Carolina-1144993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tide Water