Complaint Review: Tiger Direct A.k.a. Tigerdirect.com Centon

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2007

• Reported By:Clarksville Tennessee
Tiger Direct A.k.a. Tigerdirect.com Centon
tigerdirect.com Internet U.S.A.

Tiger Direct A.k.a. Tigerdirect.com Centon tigerdirect.com tiger direct centon memory no rebate no matter what Internet Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Rebate resolution

*Author of original report: Tigerdirects attempt to pacify

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

I was warned, but did not listen, so please listen to me. If you are purchasing from Tigerdirect.com and are counting on that mail-in rebate, don't do it. I purchased a pair of 1gb Centon memory sticks from tigerdirect.com, mainly because the price (figuring the rebate). On the website, it said nothing about only one rebate per household until after I made the purchase and downloaded the rebate form. The memory was purchased and shipped 5 days inside of the terms of the rebate, and the rebate form was properly filled out and mailed well within the terms of the rebate. Centon immediately rejected my rebate claiming the purchase was not made within their parameters of the rebate and claimed they sent a rejection letter. The denial letter has never arrived, and Centon offers no web support for their rebate section. Tigerdirect.com has more complaints about rebates than I can even read through on this site, and as a result, my first purchase from them will be my last. Go Newegg.com!

Jn fox
Clarksville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2007 02:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct-Aka-Tigerdirectcom-Centon/internet/Tiger-Direct-Aka-Tigerdirectcom-Centon-tigerdirectcom-tiger-direct-centon-memory-no-280196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct A.k.a. Tigerdirect.com Centon

Rebate resolution

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Hello Mr. Fox:

I spoke with a representative over at Centon, who advised the rebate had been denied due to a discrepancy in the purchase date information that was submitted. She stated that it was clarified on 11/26, and that the rebate is now underway.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may have caused. However, we are glad that the issue has been resolved at this point, and we really appreciate your patience. Should you have any other questions regarding this issue, please feel free to email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com.

Sincerely,

Alex
Tiger Direct Customer Service/Web Response

Tigerdirects attempt to pacify

AUTHOR: Jn fox - (U.S.A.)

I stick to my guns!! Do not use Tigerdirect.com if you plan on figuring in a mail-in-rebate in the purchase price. Shortly after posting my original report, a rebuttal was posted by a Tigerdirect.com employee with supposed intentions of correcting the mail-in-rebate error. I emailed that employee with ALL the information they requested. On 25 October, they emailed me saying:
"Your issue has been forwarded to our rebate retrieval department for further research."

I HAVE HEARD NOTHING SINCE. That was two weeks ago, folks. If there were true intentions of getting my rebate to me, don't you think 14 more days is a little much?

Tigerdirect.com obviously pays someone to post rebuttals in an attempt to make their company look better to the fine people that research companies on ripoffreport.com.

Nice try, Tigerdirect.com, it's great PR to make people think you care. I shall now start a persistent email campaign until I get an answer...

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,