Complaint Review: Tiger Direct - OnRebate.com

• Submitted: Thu, March 15, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 10, 2007

• Reported By:Canon City Colorado
Tiger Direct - OnRebate.com
120 East Palmetto Park Rd 3rd Floor Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct - OnRebate.com rebate ripoff Lies about Rebate Waiting for over 18 months! Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: resolved

*Author of original report: May 31, 2007 and I'm still waiting!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I did as Alex requested.

*Author of original report: okay Alex

*UPDATE Employee: Follow-up

*Author of original report: I already did that in 2006

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

I purchased items for Tiger Direct in August of 2005 with 3 rebates ($20, $40 & $40) for a total of $100. I sent in all the documentation. They only approved it on 6/6/2006 and then they say they mailed out checks on 12/13/2006. I have never seen the checks.

All of this has been a big headache. Talking to Tiger Direct is not easy. Talking to OnRebate is even harder. Expect to be on hold for an hour.

Why are they so slow? Where is my money? On the phone people are nice but what good does it do if they just lie to me and I never see my money? They claim to be helping me but it has been over 18 months and NOTHING!

I filed a complaint with the BBB in Florida.

Please help!!!!

Canon City, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2007 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct-OnRebatecom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/Tiger-Direct-OnRebatecom-rebate-ripoff-Lies-about-Rebate-Waiting-for-over-18-months-Bo-239008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct - OnRebate.com

resolved

This is Sept. 2007.
Now, two years later, I got my rebate checks!
Thank you, OnRebate and TigerDirect.

May 31, 2007 and I'm still waiting!

Alex,

I saw your message at my3cents.com and at ripoffreport.com.

My order numbers are:
#E2491742 and #E2535562
My rebate numbers are:
Confirmation Number: http://www.onrebate.com/Status.aspx?conf=A3QY9MPANBKTFPT8
Confirmation Number: http://www.onrebate.com/Status.aspx?conf=TQA4HCC2R2HQY7TS
Confirmation Number: http://www.onrebate.com/Status.aspx?conf=YTRPXX2PEB9VY3HR

It has been 1 year and 8 months since my purchase. All I get from Tiger Direct and Rebate.com are empty promises. Where is my money?

I'm still waiting.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I did as Alex requested.

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I wrote to you at the e-mail address you listed.
[email protected]

I sent the same e-mail to:
[email protected]

Yet none of you have written me back with a solution and of course the rebate checks have still not arrived in the mail.

When will Tiger Direct take responsibility and actually do something?

okay Alex

Alex,

I sent the e-mail as you instructed.

Now I want to see TigerDirect actually get my checks to me in the mail.

If you do, I'll come back here and say: "THANK YOU".

But if you don't, I'll also come back and let everyone know that all you people at TigerDirect and OnRebate.com do is make EMPTY PROMISES.

So show me I'm wrong! I'd love to be wrong in this case!

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Please email your Tiger Direct order number or rebate tracking number to [email protected], and type "Attn: Alex" in the subject line. Be sure to also copy and paste the following link to this thread in the body of the email:

I will forward the email to the proper agent who will assist with rebate compensation.

Alex

I already did that in 2006

Dear Alex,

I already mailed everything in as TigerDirect suggests in February of 2006. I used the address you mentioned.
Tiger Direct
Attn: Customer Service
7795 West Flagler Street, Suite 35
Miami, FL 33144

I have also called Tiger Direct on the phone. I found one very helpful person. Her name is Lorena Bezerra. I have been corresponding with her via e-mail for several months now.

On March 30th 2007 Lorena told me she had been in touch with OnRebate.com and that I would have the checks within 5 to 7 business days. Guess what? Today is April 26th and nothing has been received.

So who is telling lies?
1. OnRebate.com for promising the checks that never arrive.
2. TigerDirect for guaranteeing customers that they will get their checks.

I have wasted so much time on all of this that I am no longer doing it for the money. It is a matter of principle. Why should a company make promises they do not plan to keep? Just sell your products but don't tell people they are going to get a rebate when it doesn't happen!

I am typing this on the computer that I built with components from TigerDirect. It works great! But the rebates thing in my case has been a nightmare!

Prove me wrong! Send me my checks!

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

At Tiger Direct, our aim is to completely satisfy your experience with us and to assist you

fully concerning your rebate claims. If you followed the vendor's rebate terms and conditions

completely and have waited through the suggested processing time period, but have not been paid

or were denied despite following directions, please fax or mail us copies of everything you

mailed (including the postal receipt or postmark information) to 305-415-2924. You can also

mail it to:

Tiger Direct
Attn: Customer Service
7795 West Flagler Street, Suite 35
Miami, FL 33144

Please review the information provided prior to submitting your rebate claim to us. As always,

we are committed to assisting our customers in providing a resolution to any problem.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
[email protected], and be sure to include your order number or rebate

tracking number in the subject line.

Alex