Complaint Review: Tiger Direct, TigerDirect

• Submitted: Tue, June 26, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2007

• Reported By:Butler Pennsylvania
Tiger Direct, TigerDirect
7795 West Flagler Street, Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct, TigerDirect.com, Dishonest. Did not fulfill rebate. Will not reply to email. Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Believe it.

*Consumer Suggestion: Have you tried this?

*Author of original report: As expected...nothing!

*Author of original report: Their answer...

*Author of original report: Email sent.

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

*Author of original report: Well, good for you.

*Consumer Comment: TIGER DIRECT

*Consumer Comment: Never Had A Problem

A couple of weeks before Christmas, 2006, I ordered a refurbished camera from TigerDirect.com. (Don't worry, it was for me. I'd never give anyone a refurbished gift if I could help it). The listing showed a mail-in rebate of $10. Not much, but it made for enough of a price difference to convince me to buy from them rather than someone else.

I got the camera within a few days, and it looks okay and works fine. No problems with the merchandise. I filled out the required form and sent it along with all the required documentation well before the deadline. I even made and kept copies, just as instructed on the rebate form. Then I waited...

I'm still waiting today, more than six months later. I've tried to contact them several times via their online Customer Service link, which supposedly generates an email to them. I have yet to hear back from them. I have not tried calling them on the phone yet. I guess that's my next step, but I really hate being on hold.

By the way, I've also contacted the manufacturer, Fuji. They tell me the rebate is administered by TigerDirect and they (Fuji) have nothing to do with it.

Eric
Butler, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2007 12:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct-TigerDirect/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-TigerDirectcom-Dishonest-Did-not-fulfill-rebate-Will-not-reply-to-email-256895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct, TigerDirect

Believe it.

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

You can't believe a company like Tiger Direct would rip off a customer? There are over 300 complaints about them on this site at the moment. Are they all the result of lost or misdirected mail? Those posts are made by the minority of consumers who even know about this site. How many more people do not get their rebates from Tiger Direct? Hundreds? Thousands?

I called them several times. I never got past the voice prompts any further than being on eternal hold waiting "for the next available representative".

Then there are the multiple unanswered emails. Oh, I finally got "Alex" to answer me here, and then Tiger Direct sent me the forms and unsigned note I mentioned in a previous post. I believe they were trying to be sarcastic by telling me to resubmit the forms before the deadline.

I've given up trying to get my rebate. Now I'm turning a little attention to letting others know to avoid Tiger Direct, or at least their rebate scams.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Have you tried this?

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

I can understand your frustration, but hardly believe a company like Tiger would intentionally withhold $10 from a consumer. What would they possibly gain? Thousands of people get their rebates fine. How can you blame them for misdirected mail or a clerical error at the rebate processing office (which is in LA, a far cry from their HQ in Miami) Did you try calling the number on the rebate form.. 1-888-232-4145... and requesting a supervisor? One would assume in the interest of customer service they would work with you.

As expected...nothing!

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

They are back to not answering emails, and I have heard nothing since the last time I posted. Too bad, they have good prices, but apparently their idea of honesty and ethics is different from the definition in the dictionary.

Does anyone here ever get anything past the "Help for your rebate" line from Alex?

Their answer...

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

...was to send me a copy of the rebate form and a copy of my invoice along with a copy of my original email. There is an unsigned note with instructions to resubmit the claim form before the deadline.

The deadline was January 31, 2007.

This is not a resolution, this is a brush-off. I still regard Tiger Direct as dishonest and unethical. I, for one, will not consider them for any future purchases.

Email sent.

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

I sent the email Alex requested. Nothing to do now except wait and see.

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to achieving a resolution for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,

Alex
Tiger Direct Customer Service/Web Response

Well, good for you.

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

Your lack of a problem with TigerDirect does not invalidate the fact that I have not received my rebate.

I did read and follow all the instructions, to the "T". As I stated, I filled out the required form and sent it along with the UPC and a copy of the invoice, as per the instructions, and sent them to the address on the form.

I have now sent three emails, and to date have yet to get any response.

TIGER DIRECT

AUTHOR: Karon - (U.S.A.)

I have personally ordered many item from Tiger Direct and have never had an issue with anything purchased from them. We have returned items as well and no problems with that either.

Have you double checked everything that was required for the refund? Sometimes if you take something to the post office for mailing on a Saturday, it will be post marked for the following business day, which would be Monday and that may have caused you to miss a cutoff date. Most rebatates/Refunds require the original receipt and will not process copies. Acompany as large as Tiger Direct care more about their reputation than a $10.00 refund.

Something had to be amiss.

Never Had A Problem

AUTHOR: Derek - (U.S.A.)

I have never had a problem with TigerDirect's rebates of any kind, as long as you follow directions everything usually works just fine.