Complaint Review: Tiger Direct - TigerDirect.com

• Updated: Fri, October 23, 2009

• Reported By: Alexander — Keller Texas USA
Tiger Direct - TigerDirect.com
Naperville, Illinois United States of America

Tiger Direct - TigerDirect.com Ordered an instock item and the next day it was magically removed with no notification Naperville, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Item out of Stock

On Wednesday 10/14/2009 at 11:01am CDT I made an order for a new Graphics Card and paid for 2nd day air. About 10 min after making the order I received a confirmation email from Tiger Direct regarding my order (The order number was W8283417). This item stated "Order Today, Ships Today", which is why I paid for 2nd day air, since that would have got it to me by Friday so I could finish building my new Audio Editing computer. I waited all day Wednesday and didn't get an invoice with a shipping number, I have ordered from Tiger Direct many times before, and was not too worried because it usually a few hours to get that email. I called this morning (10/15/2009), and was told that the order was never sent through their system and that they would call their IT department and have it sent through again, the agent at this time offered me to refund my second day air fee and charge me only for the ground shipping.

They also told me that I would have the invoice in about an hour (I called at about 9:50am CDT). I waited until noon and called again since I still didn't have a tracking number and the website showed the order but no invoice. The agent I spoke to this time told me that the order had not been processed and that the item was actually out of stock and I would have to talk to the sales department to have them send me something else. Mind you that my payment had hit my bank account as soon as I ordered the item.

When I spoke to the sales rep, they had a hard time locating my order and told me that all I could do is wait for the charge be dropped on my account and that was all they would do for me, not send me a like item, just "Sorry we aren't going to ship anything to you, but you can order something else right now." They offered me nothing for my trouble and now I have to wait until that charge comes back for me to order what I need. In the past 2 months I have spend almost $1,000 with Tiger Direct, but it looks like I am going to have to start shopping elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct-TigerDirectcom/Naperville-Illinois-/Tiger-Direct-TigerDirectcom-Ordered-an-instock-item-and-the-next-day-it-was-magically-510025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct - TigerDirect.com

Item out of Stock

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the inconvenience,

We have looked into this matter and our records indicate the product you requested was under high demand and our warehouse ran out of stock before we could fulfill your order.

We currently are expecting a new shipment of these units within the next coming week, if you would like to purchase one of these units when they come in we will be more than happy to offer you a free 2nd day air shipping for your satisfaction.

We have also contacted your bank to have the pending authorization removed off your credit card. If you have any further questions or concerns or if you wish to be notified when the product becomes available, please contact me at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com at your earlier convenience.

Thank You.