Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Reported By: TD abused — Florida United States of America
Tiger Direct
Miami, Florida United States of America

Tiger Direct False Advertising Miami, Florida

Tiger direct advertised a computer for $50. It looked like one of those Black Friday items that are a great deal. From the moment I received the email it was never a valid page. I tried calling TD about this but was given the run around. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they told me "they cannot help you with that". One rep told me they were transferring me and then just hung up, one put me on hold and afte 20 min I hung up and called back.

After finally getting through to a supervisor I sent him the advertisement and he told me it was wrong and they would not honor it. when I informed the supervisor it was illegal to false advertise they informed me of the disclaimer stating the prices are not guaranteed. Even with that notice they are in violation of law, false advertising is false advertising and that disclaimer makes it appear that NONE of the price are correct.

Because of their false advertising they had people searching all over their site where each time a page is selected they get a slice of the advertisements on their web pages. So they falsely got people to go to their webpage by falsely advertising.

I was about to order $2500 worth of parts and build a new computer. After this experience I decided to do a web search for complaints about Tiger Direct. I could not believe what I found. A massive number of complaints about false advertising, no payment on mail-in rebates, incorrect or broken parts shipped, charging too much or charging not what the customer approved to be charged. All theses complaints sent me searching some more.

I first tried calling friends to see if they new about TD's treatment of customers and many of them not only did but had the same experiences. Then I tried family members and several had problems with rebates and had to spend hours on the phone getting them back.

So the moral of the story - Avoid Tiger Direct at All Costs, they do not care about their customers, they rip off their customers and then blame their customers for it. I cannot believe the government lets a company consistently rip people off and abuse their customers and are allowed to continue to do business. As long as TD acts this way the will go out of business by word of mouth and internet complaints.

I wonder what the US Justice department has to say about this false advertising?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2011 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-/Tiger-Direct-False-Advertising-Miami-Florida-802144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct