Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Submitted: Sat, January 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Webster — Guerneville California U.S.A.
Tiger Direct
Miami, Florida United States of America

Tiger Direct Comp USA Tiger Direct tried to charge me twice for the same item. Rebate is a rip-off. Miami, Florida

*Author of original report: Well, that was a nice msg from tiger Direct.

*Consumer Comment: No!

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

*Author of original report: No it is not awesome. It's a rip-off.

*Consumer Comment: Tiger Direct is Awesome

After successfully stopping tiger Direct from charging me twice for the same sale, I am now having trouble with the rebate card they sent me. It worked fine a couple of times, then, after calling to get the balance, I tried to use the card to pay down my Verizon cell phone bill by the amount left on the card ($16.05). It was declined. I then tried to use the card at my local grocery store. Declined again. I tried to put $16.05 in my gas tank at a local service station. Declined again.

I called the card company, and they showed only one declined card event. (at the gas station). The woman also said my rebate card balance was now zero, and that they have placed my 16 bucks on hold for 8 business days. Why? They had no reason.

I guess I will now wait the eight days, and see if they return the money to the card, and if the stupid card will be able to be used anywhere. I will never order anything from Tiger Direct again. I'm really angry about this. it isn't a lot of money, but it's a matter of principle. The card should never have been declined in the first place, and now they have put a hold on MY funds. You have to be kidding.

These people are scammers, and they have lost a good customer forever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-Comp-USA-Tiger-Direct-tried-to-charge-me-twice-for-the-same-item-Rebate-is-a-999791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Well, that was a nice msg from tiger Direct.

AUTHOR: Webster - (U.S.A.)

They offered to intervene on my behalf with American Express, who issued the now useless rebate card. I followed the link above (provided by Tiger direct), explained my situation again, and got this response (very quickly, I might add):

"Dear Valued Customer:

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Unfortunately we have no control of how American Express handles their customer and accounts.

Again I apologize for your troubles.

Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your business.
If you have further inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we can address it appropriately.

Sincerely,

Alexander

TigerDirect.com Web Response"

Nice try Tiger Direct, but no cigar. In all fairness, I suppose this report should really be directed towards American Express, however, the initial attempt to double charge me for my purchase has soured me from using Tiger Direct again. Had I not been carefully watching my debit card transactions, they would have gotten away with it.

AUTHOR: Miss_Huntress - (United States of America)

I know the difference between Tiger Direct and New Egg. I have ordered from BOTH. I said Tiger Direct because that was what I meant.

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Webster, we're sorry to read you're having trouble with your rebate card.  Please contact us at Customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com with your account information and we will get in touch with the card provider on your behalf.  We do not provide rebate payments as those are directly sponsored by the products manufacturers, but we will be happy to help you.

As for the double charge on your purchase, our system does not place a charge on a card until merchandise has shipped, so we are very interested on what would have given you the impression you were going to be double charged.

Please contact us and we will definitely address your concerns.  Thanks.

Tigerdirect.com

No it is not awesome. It's a rip-off.

AUTHOR: Webster - (U.S.A.)

I think you must be thinking of Newegg.

Tiger Direct is Awesome

AUTHOR: Miss_Huntress - (United States of America)

I have ordered from Tiger Direct many times. I have always found the products to be good quality at a great price. I've never been charged twice for anything or had any problems with this company. I would recommend them to anyone. My husband is still using a 23" monitor we purchased 6 years ago and its still working as good as it did the day it arrived.