Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: Greg — Germantown Ohio
Tiger Direct
7795 W Flagler St. Suite 35 Miami, Florida United States of America

Tiger Direct False advertising and refusal to correct the advertisement or the order Miami, Florida

*Author of original report: Never resolved

*Author of original report: Complaint against TigerDirect dropped

*Author of original report: the lies continue

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

I ordered a "Visual Land Connect 9 VL-109-8GB-WHT Internet Tablet" from the company; their advertisement clearly shows in 2 different places that the unit comes with 2 cameras.  The text of the ad says, "With its dual-cameras, you can capture photos and video chat with your loved ones."  And, next to the ad, they have placed six large colorful icons in an 'at a glance' grid showing the features of the unit.  One of the icons clearly shows two cameras, and says "dual cameras" in large letters.
The unit arrived with only 1 camera.  It faces the user and puts the image on the screen, making it impossible to use as a camera for general picture taking (no viewfinder, and the screen faces the subject so it is difficult to see what the camera is pointed at.)
I contacted their customer service and asked them to explain how to use the second camera; the gentleman I spoke with said that I should have read the fine print under the advertisement where it says "1 camera"  "It is confusing, but you should read all of the specifications down below so you can see what the actual features are."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-False-advertising-and-refusal-to-correct-the-advertisement-or-the-order-Miam-1036873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Never resolved

AUTHOR: greghyman - ()

It has been over a year, and I have esentially given up.

Tiger Direct informed me that they are not responsible for the icons or graphics on their pages; it is their suppliers who write all of the web pages; "If the web page was wrong, it is not our responsibility.  You'll have to take it up with the manufacturer."

That night, the Tiger Direct webpage for the item was corrected.

I contacted the manufacturer, and was told that it is Tiger Direct who writes the web page, all the manufacturer does is send the specs to Tiger Direct.

Tiger direct denied this, and I ended up going back and forth between the two companies several times.

The last person I spoke with at Tiger Direct told me, "Well *I* never told you that.  It sounds like you'll have to send it to the manufacturer and have them take care of it."

So I sent it back to the manufacturer; thinking it was actually not Tiger Direc't fault.

The manufacturer then told me I should have sent it back to Tiger Direct.

They claim they never received it because their office building may have sent it to the wrong office so there is nothing more they can do about it.

I gave up; it took me more time trying to get someone to admit who is actually responsible for Tiger Direct's website and correct advertising than the device itself was ever worth.

Never again, Tiger Direct.

Complaint against TigerDirect dropped

AUTHOR: greghyman - ()

As this is an issue with Visual Land, I have returned the unit to them directly.

the lies continue

AUTHOR: greghyman - ()

Contacted Tiger Direct this afternoon.
I was told that is not their fault the ad was wrong; the advertising is provided by the manufacturer and that Tiger Direct just "slaps it on the site."
I contacted the manufacturer.  They told me that they simply provide the specs, and that Tiger Direct writes the advertising and that I need to talk to them. Tiger Direct says it is the manufacturer.  Back and forth.
In the middle of all of it, Tiger Direct has updated their website to show the correct description.  (While telling me it is the manufacturer who writes their advertising.)

So now the only proof is a screenshot I took of the advertisement, that neither company now wants to admit to having written.

I give up.

You have my money, and you want to force me to play games about who I need to talk to about correcting your deception.

You win.

But you will never get one more penny from me or anyone I know.

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - ()

We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please be advised that the
specifications are provided by the manufacture, sorry for any typographical or
photographic errors. Please email us at
customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com with your order details to help you
resolve the issue. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.