Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2007

• Reported By:Ponte Vedra Bch Florida
Tiger Direct
7795 West Flagler St., Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct, Onrebate.com rebate scam Ripoff Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

*Author of original report: TigerDirect OnRebate rebate Scam

*UPDATE Employee: Submissions Information.

I purchased a monitor from TigerDirect.com, and filed with for a rebate with their rebate company Onrebate.com. I have heard that Tiger Direct owns onrebate.com. The rebate process was very cumbersome, and seemingly setting the customer up for failure. I pain stakingly followed the directions, and include two bar codes from my package, as it asked for my UPS bar code. There were actually bar codes all over the package, but many of the looked the same. So, I thought that I would be covered if I included two bar codes. I was wrong. I was sent a denial e-mail by onrebate.com claiming that I did not include the proper UPS Code. My response e-mail was never answered by onrebate.com. So, I contacted TigerDirect via e-mail to try to get assistance in getting my rebate. I have been e-mailing and faxing TigerDirect for a month, but have not made progress. I believe that this is an online scam, and intend to file complaints ever where I can. If you have any advice, I would appreciate it.

Renee
Ponte Vedra Bch, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-Onrebatecom-rebate-scam-Ripoff-Miami-Florida-234727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Alex
Tiger Direct Customer Service/Web Response

AUTHOR: Renee - (U.S.A.)

Tiger Direct offers rebates through OnRebated, and does not deliver. I followed the cumbersome directions on the rebate form, and was told that I sent the wrong bar code and they would not pay the rebate. The form did not tell me which bar code off the package(there were a few), so I included two and the shipping label. They respond that I sent the wrong bar code and they would not pay. I purchased the monitor from Tiger Direct on 12/11/2006, and tried to get help for a couple month, and then gave up. It's August 2007, and I just recieved an Affidavit from Florida's Attorney General to file a complaint against OnRebate. I have already wasted several hours trying to get assistance from Tiger Direct and OnRebate, but I am very happy to spend the time to file an official complaint with the Attorney General.

Submissions Information.

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Dear Ms. Renee:

First and foremost, I would like to extend my apology for any inconvinience the filing of this rebate may have caused you. However, I can reassure you that each of our rebate forms does provide a sample image of the barcodes that need to be enclosed when filing for a specific rebate.

We can understand that at times a customer might confuse the UPS barcode, which is provided by the mail carrier with the UPC barcode that the manufacturer provides on the purchased product. The is the very reason why in our rebate forms provide the sample images.

Once again, we truly apologize for the negative experience you might have encountered with us, and would like to extend our assistance if you further need it. Please feel free to call us at 1.888.222.9300.

sincerely yours, Ron M./Customer Service Rep.