• Report: #720583

• Reported By: Robert — Smith River California USA
Tiger Direct
7795 W. Flagler St. Miami, Florida United States of America

Tiger Direct Unwilling to RMA defective merchandise Miami, Florida

*Author of original report: Reply to TD.

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

I have been a loyal customer of Tiger Direct for several years, until now that is. I notified TD by email that one of the computers that I had just purchased was defective and I had contacted the service center for the product and was told to send it back to them for refund or exchange. Also that the service center tech agreed that my diagnosis that a bad video card was the culprit. After explaining to TD that shipping charges would cost almost as much as a new card would, would TD give me a discount or free ship if I just purchase a new card and was promptly told all we can do is refund or exchange. I emailed a request for a RMA # I received a reply that stated they needed the order information, a strange request since the item# and order # was already provided in the email that I had sent them.

So I replied giving them the information again and again and again over the next several days and each time they replied "we need your order info" until I finally gave up because I was obviously not going to get an RMA. Also, I attempted to submit a product review on their website and found that my comment had been edited to the point that it didn't even make any sense. Not cool TD I have bought 5 computers and $100's in parts from you over the last 3 years. Whats really sad is that the first computer (3 years ago)  I bought from TD came to me with a bad motherboard, It took 2 months and +- $70 shipping over the purchase & shipping price before I got to use it the first time. My last order from TD was over $1700 and its just that...my last order. Getting the run a round after spending that much in one shot is just insulting IMO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-Unwilling-to-RMA-defective-merchandise-Miami-Florida-720583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Reply to TD.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Order#F4806434.  Item #S445-10088. Gateway DX4831-07 with bad ATI radeon HD 5770 video card.

Unfortunately, I already purchased a replacement card from another vendor, But would consider sending bad card back for replacment as a remedy. I just want what I paid for and nothing more.

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We apologzie for the inconvenience and we can absolutely give you free shipping should you decide to purchase another video card. We will be reviewing all emails and calls you made to us to make sure they were handled properly.

Please contact me at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com with your order information and contact details.

Best Regards.