Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:New Hyde New York
Tiger Direct
7795 W Flagler St. Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct - Worldwide Rebates Never Sent Me My Rebate Tiger Direct Rebate Scam Do Not buy from them Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Rebate check Reissued

*UPDATE Employee: Rebate Check Mailed Out

*UPDATE Employee: Rebate issue...

I bought a graphics card Feb 1st 2009 - ORDER # W2250797
I filled out all the forms and submitted them to their rebate company website "World Wide Rebates" http://worldwiderebates.com

WorldwideRebates.com pleased to inform you that your rebate has been processed on Mar 4 2008 2:11AM.

Your check will be mailed in 6-8 weeks. Please contact us if you have any
additional questions.

Below is the summary of your rebate registration information:

Tracking Number: 4585876464243343
Rebate Offer: Get Back $30.00 on the PNY GeF
Rebate Item : PNY GeForce 7300 GT 256 MB GDDR2 SLI PCI Express DVI VGA HDTV Video Card
Rebate Award: 30.00
Final Award: 30.00

They gave me all comfy information that they are responsible and checking my tracking number, I have done everything that they asked for.

I am supposed to get the check by June but I have yet to receive any check it has been more than the 8 weeks.

I call Tiger Customer Service and they basically tell me there is nothing they can do about a product I got a rebate FROM and they refuse to do anything but provide me a number.

Check the http://worldwiderebates.com, there is no contact number or email you can use to reach them. I have to fight to get the money that was promised to me. Any way of getting some federal suit against this type of business practices.

I will never buy another Tiger Direct product again. I have spent more time dealing with this than it is worth. But I will also file an FTC complaint as well.

Steven
New Hyde, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-Worldwide-Rebates-Never-Sent-Me-My-Rebate-Tiger-Direct-Rebate-Scam-Do-Not-b-339101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Rebate check Reissued

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

The check for this rebate claim has been reissued.

Rebate Check Mailed Out

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

I am Hope, a customer service manager at World Wide Rebates. I spoke with the customer and explained to him that his rebate claim was approved since March 4, 2008. His rebate check was mailed 04/02/2008. He has never contacted Worldwide rebates directly in regards to his rebate.

Though the check was mailed 04/02/2008, he has never received it. I verified his address. After verification that the check has not been cashed, his check will be reissued after the date the check voids. (07/02/2008).

I gave Mr. Louie my direct number for any other future correspondence or concerns.

Rebate issue...

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the situation, but the reason we can do nothing more than give you a rebate number is that we are not who actually offers the rebates. Please bear in mind that there are literally millions of these rebates submitted and processed, so 8-10 weeks wait is the standard processing time. I will follow up on your information, and get an estimated time for you.

Sincerely,